The heart of every medical imaging system is its detector technology, X-ray detectors is one of such technology used to measure varied properties of X-rays such as flux, spatial distribution, spectrum and many others. X-rays detectors have wide range of application in veterinary, medical, dental, industrial and security. The world X-ray market has witnessed immense technological advancement after digitization in the last few decades. The advancement was a shift from film to filmless imaging i.e. from X-ray film (photographic film) to image plates or flat panel detectors. Digitization has led hospitals to convert their analog X-ray systems to digital systems. Investments through venture capital and government funding in the development of these detectors has led to impulsive growth in the X-ray detector market. Recent developments in amorphous selenium (a-Se) detector which is useful in mammography has made the growth in this market more significant.
Factors driving the growth of the market are rise in number of mammography, orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures, increasing ageing population and advancement in X-ray technology. In addition, decrease in cost of flat plate detectors (FPDs), increased funds from government are fuelling the market growth. Increasing demands for digital imaging system and increment in disposable income in emerging economies provides great opportunities for the market. However, excise tax obligation by U.S. government and stringent regulatory procedures forms the restraints of the market.
The report segments the market by detector type, panel size, applications and geography. On the basis of detector type, the market is segmented as flat-panel detectors (FPDs), computed radiography, line-scan detectors and CCD detectors. Furthermore, FPDs are classified on the basis of X-ray conversion mechanism into direct and indirect detectors. In addition, based on scintillation material used, indirect FPDs are classified as Cesium Iodide FPDs and Gadolinium Oxysulfide FPDs. In terms of panel size, FPDs are segmented to small and large area FPDs. On the basis of applications, the market is divided to medical applications, veterinary applications, security applications, dental applications and industrial applications. Moreover, medical application is segmented to static and dynamic imaging market. Furthermore, static market is categorized to mammography and general radiography while dynamic market is categorized to general fluoroscopy, cardiovascular imaging and surgical imaging. Geographically the market is analyzed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Key players of medical device market are undergoing acquisitions, product launches, collaborations and agreements to expand the market. For instance, Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S., Inc. has brought advancements in digital x-ray detectors in 2015. Moreover, YXLON International Gmbh launched new version of Y. FGUI 3.5 in 2012 which has made X-ray detection easier and simpler. These advancements in the market has led to the growth and has also build competitive edge among market giants.
Comprehensive analysis of key market giants of X-ray detector market which include Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Fujifilm Medical Systems), Canon, Inc., Analogic Corporation, PerkinElmer, Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings Inc., Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (Teledyne Dalsa, Inc.), YXLON International Gmbh, Agfa-Gevaert Group (Agfa Healthcare) and Thales Group among others is also mentioned in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global X-ray detectors market.
- Geographically, the X-ray detectors market are analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global X-ray detectors market is provided. For instance, increasing incidence of ageing population and rising governmental support on digital imaging solutions drives the market growth while stringent regulatory processes forms the restraints of market.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within X-ray detectors market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Key market players within X-ray detectors market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global X-ray detectors.
X-RAY DETECTORS MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Detector Type
- Flat Panel Detectors
- Indirect Capture FPDs
- Caesium Iodide FPDs
- Gadolinium Oxysulfide FPDs
- Direct Capture FPDs
- CCD Detectors
- Line-Scan Detectors
- Computed Radiography
By Panel size
- Small Area FPDs
- Large Area FPDs
- Medical Applications
- Static Imaging
- General radiography
- Dynamic Imaging
- General Fluoroscopy
- Surgical Imaging
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Veterinary Applications
- Security Applications
- Dental Applications
- Industrial Applications
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Middle East
- South Africa