Zener Diode Market Outlook – 2027
Zener Diode is the diode which lets current flow in both the directions i.e. from anode to cathode and cathode to anode. It does not breakdown in reverse direction unlike normal diodes and thereby it operates reliably in devices. They are used to regulate stabilized power supplies, provide low power supplies from high voltages and protect the circuit from high voltages.
Thus, they find their applications in Reference elements, Voltage regulation, switching applications, Surge Suppressors and Clipper circuits in end uses such as Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, automotive, Computing and Others. The global Zener Diode market trends is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years.
The global zener diode market is segmented on the basis of type, end users and region. Based on type, the market is divided into surface mount technology and through hole technology. In terms of end users, the market is categorized into telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, computing, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global zener diode industry include ON Semiconductors, Vishay Semiconductors, NXP Semiconductors .N.V, ROHM Semiconductors, Diodes incorporated, Microsemi corporation, Torex Semiconductors Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Anova Technologies and others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global zener diode market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Global zener diode market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new zener diodes as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for zener diodes are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced zener diodes to enhance efficiency.
Top Impacting Factors
The major driver for the Zener Diode market growth is its increasing applications in the consumer electronics sector. Also, its increasing usage in the electrical equipment and electronic tools are also fueling the market growth. But, their design complexities might hinder market growth. However, growing applications in telecom industry, device miniaturization and its applications in advanced developments and research are expected to boost the market further.
New Product Launches to Flourish The Zener Diode Market
DO-214AC (G1F) package zener diode was launched by Shindengen Electric Manufacturing Co. Ltd in the year 2017. It was specially designed to improve the functionality in automobiles. It enabled to install more components per 1 ECU while leading to greater miniaturization of ECU.
It reduced the mounting area by 50% as compared to the previous version of the zener diode package. It has features such as larger solder fillet and increasing mounting strength, compliant with automotive standards, narrow clamp voltage, junction temperature guaranteed up to 1750C and others which enhanced the performance of this zener diode and thus flourishing the market.
Surge in Usage in Electronics And Automotive Industry
The zener diodes which are surface mounted are directly mounted on a PCB which has led to the increase in the usage of zener diodes. Moreover, due to its growing applications in telecom industry, increasing number of semiconductor manufacturing hubs and device miniaturization are the other factors which has led to the surge in the usage of zener diodes in the electronics industry.
Also, over the years, the number of electronic systems within automobiles has grown exceptionally. Thus, the need for protection to limit interference and potential failures arises in applications such as battery management, safety systems, lighting and others which can be prevented with the help of zener diodes. Thus, leading to surge in the usage of zener diodes in this industry.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global zener diode industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global zener diode market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global zener diode market forecast scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global zener diode market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Zener Diode Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the zener diode market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Zener Diode Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Diodes incorporated,, Torex Semiconductors Ltd.,, Renesas Electronics Corporation,, Anova Technologies, NXP Semiconductors, N.V, ROHM Semiconductors,, ON Semiconductors,, Microsemi corporation,, Vishay Semiconductors,, Toshiba Corporation,