Zoledronic acid is a bisphosphonate drug, which reduces bone loss and treats bone complications such as low bone density. This acid is majorly used for the treatment of hypercalcemia, prevention of bone fracture, and other bone-related indications, which occur in cancer diseases such as multiple myeloma, breast cancer, lung cancer, and others. In addition, it is used in the treatment of osteoporosis and Pagets disease.
Rise in prevalence of cancer, trend of sedentary lifestyle, increase in obesity cases, and smoking have led to bone complications such as lower bone density, osteoporosis, and bone fractures. According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, osteoporosis is accountable for more than 8.9 million fractures per year. Furthermore, decline in bone strength in geriatric population and increase in prevalence of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women are anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, adverse effects of zoledronic such unusual thigh bone fracture and osteonecrosis of the jaw & others and stringent government regulations associated with the zoledronic acid hinder the market growth. Furthermore, presence of substitutes for zoledronic acid such as denosumab, alendronate, risedronate, and ibandronate restrains the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities on zoledronic acid and increase in awareness of bone diseases & complications are anticipated to provide opportunities for the market growth.
The market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into osteoporosis, Pagets disease, and bone complications (caner, fracture, and others). Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global zoledronic acid market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Zoledronic Acid Market Key Segment:
- Pagets Disease
- Bone Complications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Natco Pharma Ltd.
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- Cipla Ltd.
- Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- ScinoPharm Taiwan, LTD.
- Tecoland Corp.
- Hangzhou Longshine Bio-Tech
- Lianyungang Runzhong Pharm
- Mylan Pharms Inc.