The world has increasingly been fascinated by technology-facilitated transactions. Self-service technology is the interface that allows customers to avail the services without manual intervention. Nowadays, companies have adopted self-service technologies to provide better consumer experience as well as reducing the operational costs. The self-service technology is broadly divided into three categories such as vending machines, ATMs and self-service kiosks. Customers prefer using these technologies due to instant service offerings and hassle-free transactions. Moreover, the use of self-service technology machines helps companies to strengthen their pricing power by improving the operating margins. These factors coupled with reducing human tasks and minimizing human errors for achieving a more cost-effective solution fuel the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing demand from service and consumer goods sectors will further drive the growth of the market. However, saturation for the self-service technology in China and Japan is likely to restrict the market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. Furthermore, government regulations in some regions for health and safety and tracking of users limit the growth of the market. The ongoing technological advancements in machines like smart ATMs, wireless communication and remote management of related machines would facilitate the expansion of the market.
The self-service technology segment comprises vending machines, ATM machines and self-service kiosks. ATMs are further segmented into conventional ATMs, brown label ATMs, white label ATMs, cash dispensers and smart ATMs. Vending machines are sub-categorized into snacks-vending machine, beverage-vending machine, candy and gumball vending machine, cigarette-vending machine and specialized-vending machines. Self-service kiosks are subdivided into information-providing kiosks, ticketing kiosks, photo kiosks, HR and employment kiosks, banking and financial kiosks, DVD kiosks, patient self-service kiosks and other kiosks. The Asia-Pacific self-service technology market is further segmented on the basis of countries that include China, India, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
The key players of the self-service technology market are NCR Corporation, Wincor Nixdorf AG, DIEBOLD, INC., Azkoyen S.A., Crane Merchandising Systems, Fuji Electric Retail Systems Co. Ltd., and Kiosk Information Systems, Inc.
- The report provides detailed analysis of market intelligence with respect to type, users and geography to enable stakeholders take precise investment decisions.
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all key intermediaries in the market that would help the stakeholders in devising appropriate strategies.
- In order to forecast the future trends of the market, population trends across different countries and expected investments in health club business have been analyzed.
- Porters five force analysis highlights the potency of the suppliers and buyers, and also describes the competitive scenario of the market that would facilitate efficient business planning.
- The analysis of significant drivers, restraints and opportunities help in understanding the overall market dynamics.
SELF SERVICE TECHNOLOGY APAC MARKET KEY SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of type and country
MARKETBY TYPE OF MACHINES
- Conventional ATM
- White Label ATM
- Brown Label ATM
- Smart ATM
- Cash Dispenser
- Photo Kiosk
- DVD Kiosk
- Ticketing Kiosk
- HR and Employment Kiosk
- Patient self-service Kiosk
- Information providing Kiosk
- Banking and Financial Kiosk
- Others (Restaurants, Tele kiosk and Building Directory)
- Vending Machines
- Beverage-Vending Machine
- Candy and Gumball Vending Machine
- Snack-Vending Machine
- Cigarette-Vending Machine
- Specialized-Vending Machine
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Wincor Nixdorf AG
- NCR Corporation
- DIEBOLD, INC.
- Kiosk Information Systems, INC.
- International Business Machine (IBM) Corporation
- Crane Co.
- Azkoyen Group
- Hess Cash Systems GmbH & Co
- Nautilus Hyosung