Access Control Reader Market Outlook – 2027
Urbanization equipped with enhanced security identity management, increased convenience, and contactless interfaces drive growth of the access control reader market. Access control readers refer to devices that prevents entry or exit of an unauthorized person from a particular area. Increase in demand for advanced security solutions such as smart card readers in commercial building automation and smart homes has provided a major opportunity for growth of the market. Access control reader ensures safety of a property and people entering and leaving a property.
The global access control reader market is segmented on the basis of reader type, communication technology, smart card technology type, end user, and region. Based on reader type, the access control reader market is divided into card-based readers, biometric readers, and multi-technology readers. In terms of communication technology, the market is categorized into cloud-based, smartphone-based, and IoT-based.
On the basis of smart card technology type, the market is divided into iCLASS, MIFARE, DESFire, and Advant. In terms of end user, the market is segregated into residential, commercial, industrial, BFSI, healthcare, government, transportation, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
The commercial industry is the major adopter of access control readers. Access control readers decrease the need for human resources for security and lower security expenses hence, there is a growing demand for access control devices.
Rise in Need For Security in Commercial Spaces to Hold the Largest Market Share
Commercial locations such as data centers, enterprises, banks, financial institutions, retail stores, malls, hotels, and entertainment studios need access control readers to ensure safety of a property and people entering and leaving the property from unauthorized access. Hence, commercial locations provide a huge opportunity for the market.
Asia-Pacific Market Anticipated to Grow Significantly
Asia-Pacific is expected to hold the largest share of the access control reader market, as developing countries in this region are working toward improving their infrastructure. Factors such as large population, heavy investments in digitalization, rapid industrialization, and high demand for security systems drive growth of the global market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global access control reader market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global access control reader market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global access control reader market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global access control reader market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The market is anticipated to significantly be affected as construction projects throughout China has been stalled. Which is the country with the highest number of construction activities. Hence, there is a limited demand for access control readers.
- However, demand for facial recognition readers would remain relatively strong as conventional physical access control readers and facial recognition readers do not require entrants to physically touch a screen or a device. Facial recognition technology has been viewed by governments as an ideal investment to reduce spread of the coronavirus in highly crowded areas.
- Logistics slowdown and unavailability of workforce across the globe has impacted the production of access control readers.
- Various E-commerce websites have stopped delivery of non-essential items including electronic items, which affects the global market.
Questions Answered in the Access Control Reader Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the global market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the access control reader market size?
- How current access control reader market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Access Control Reader Market Report Highlights
By Reader Type
By Communication Technology
By Smart Card Technology Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Castles Technology (Taiwan), Avigilon Corporation (Canda), Allegion plc (Ireland), IDEMIA (France), Gemalto N.V. (Netherlands), Paxtron Access Ltd. (UK), Nedap N.V. (Netherlands), Napco Security Technologies (US), Peter Hengstler Gmbh+Co. (Germany), Identiv Inc. (US), Suprema HQ Inc. (South Korea), ASSA ABLOY AB (Sweden), Dormakaba Holding AG (Switzerland), DUALi Inc. (South Korea)