The global demand of healthy foods has seen a surge in the recent years owing to the adaption of a healthier lifestyle among various populations across the globe. Acesulfame K Market is renowned as a reliable alternative of sugar.
Acesulfame K also called Acesulfame Potassium is 200 times sweeter and smaller in size than common sugar and contains no calories at all, which is beneficial for diabetic patients as well as for people who want to keep their weight in check. This artificial sweetener is stable under heat even under moderately acidic or basic conditions, allowing it to be used as a food additive in baking, or in products that require a long shelf life. It is utilized in conjunction with other sweeteners such as aspartame or sucralose in carbonated drinks, protein shakes and pharmaceuticals. The acceptable daily intake of Acesulfame K for consumption is 15 mg per day. It is widely consumed globally as a dietary supplement and excreted by the kidneys. Due to the presence of side effects, brands are continuously altering the product to make it safe for consumption. USA’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted approval for its consumption. Consequently, various brands have started to tackle this untapped market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The closure of restaurants has led people to eat more at home. Not many households keep artificial sweeteners such as Acesulfame K except common sugar or honey at home.
- China dominates the supply of artificial sweeteners including Acesulfame K. But as China is blamed for the COVID-19 pandemic, many nations have imposed trade restrictions on Chinese products.
- In lockdown period, with little to no exercise being performed by the people due to the closure of gyms and fitness clubs, people are falling prey to not only COVID-19 but also to the other diseases such as Diabetes and obesity. Acesulfame K’s consumption keeps these problems in check. Consequently, the demand for Acesulfame K is steadily rising.
Top Impacting Factors
- Acesulfame K is good for diabetic patients as an alternative of sugar.
- As it has no calories, it is also utilized to keep body weight in check.
- Good for oral health.
- People adapting healthy lifestyles and mindset.
- Increase in awareness about the health benefits of Acesulfame K.
- Increasing popularity in advanced areas of natural nutritional supplements.
- Ease of purchase through online distribution channels.
- The constant flow of new and innovated products containing and with Acesulfame K from various food and beverage companies in recent years is a vital factor driving the rapid expansion of the global Acesulfame K market.
- However, initial R&D costs are very high.
- Sweeteners are high in demand but so many alternatives are present.
- It also has a bitter aftertaste, especially at higher concentrations.
- Lack of awareness about it in developing and underdeveloped countries.
- Side effects of consuming Acesulfame K also pose a risk to the consumer’s health and its usage should be limited.
There has been consistent innovation and alterations in the product line of Acesulfame K made products to tap the market:
Kraft Foods patented the use of ‘sodium ferulate’ to mask Acesulfame K's bitter aftertaste.
Artificial Sweeteners such as Acesulfame K are a must for carbonated drinks. Hence, Coca Cola and PepsiCo procures such sweeteners in large quantities.
Acesulfame K is often blended with other sweeteners (usually sucralose or aspartame). These blends are reputed to give a more sucrose-like taste whereby each sweetener masks the other's bitter aftertaste, or exhibits a synergistic effect by which the blend is sweeter than its components.
At the Healthy China development planning, people were encouraged to decrease the intake of sugar, oil, and salt and adopt a food nutrition standard system. This move opened new growth opportunities to sugar substitute retail sector.
Large manufacturers of carbonated drinks have been working in developing the product line of zero-calorie or diet coke. Coca Cola’s diet coke and PepsiCo’s diet Pepsi are the prime examples. Both utilize Acesulfame K and Aspartame in their respective products. The emphasis on expanding such non-caloric food & beverages product range would support the growth of the industry.
The rising awareness about the health benefits of Acesulfame K is the most vital factor compelling the consumers for its steady demand worldwide due to its health benefits for diabetic and obese patients.
The market of Acesulfame K is expected to grow in the forecasting period with a CAGR of approximately 5%.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Acesulfame K industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Acesulfame K market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Acesulfame K market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Acesulfame K market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the Acesulfame K market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Acesulfame K" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Acesulfame K" Market?
Acesulfame K Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Suzhou Hope Technology Co. Ltd., Anhui Jinhe Industrial Co. Ltd, Changzhou Niutang Chemical Plant Co. Ltd.