The commercialization of active yeast is considered a turning point in the global food industry. The market for yeast is rising globally due to the increase in demand for bakery products, the increasing number of alcohol consumers worldwide, and global demand for bioethanol as a fuel.
Yeast is one of the most versatile micro-organisms, namely, fungus which converts starch and sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Yeast is an important ingredient for pivotal and confectionary industry. Active yeast is usually dried up before being used as a food ingredient. Prominent Active dried yeast can be used after dissolving in little soluble water, which hardly takes 10 minutes for activation. Active dry yeast is widely used in producing non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic wine, beer and other beverages through quick fermentation of grapes instead of the spontaneous or natural fermentation process. The active dry yeast has lower activity in contrast to other types of yeast such as compressed yeast. Active dry yeast also finds application in the industrial biotechnology, such as production of chemicals and fuels. Yeast are used in conversion of agricultural-food wastes into the biofuels, which greatly expands the growth of the global active dry yeast market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Even in COVID-19, food and beverages industry was able to maintain its footing in the crumpled economies. Active yeast is beneficial for health as it has little to no side effects.
- Cheaper rates resulted in no adverse effect on the demand of active yeast even in COVID-19.
- Due to increasing stress among people and consequent rising alcohol consumers, demand for active yeast hiked as it is used in fermentation of alcoholic beverages.
- Transportation during lockdown hindered the supply of active Yeast and undermined the business a little.
Top Impacting Factors
- The demand for naturally sourced food additives such as active Yeast is witnessing a significant increase due to growing health consciousness among consumers. People are adapting healthy lifestyles and mindset.
- Ease of purchase through online distribution channels.
- Low cost of production.
- Available at cheap rates.
- Very less side effects.
- Dramatic increase in the demand of alcoholic beverages especially in COVID-19 due to stress. Active yeast is used in the production process of alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
- Active yeast is also given to livestock including cattle and poultry.
- Increased consumption of bakery products, particularly bread which contains active yeast.
Active dry yeast of Red Star Yeast Company, LLC saw a surge in the number of customers last year.
Kerry Group launched its first non-GMO yeast named “Acryleast” for effective reduction of harmful acrylamide levels up to 90% without affecting the taste and appearance of their food & beverages. This expanded the product line of the company as it became the base for further products.
To expand their geographical reach, Lesaffre Group through its subsidiary, Lesaffre Ivoire opened a new baking center in Abidjan, West Africa inn January 2020, to provide innovative bread-making solutions and cater to the increasing demand for bread.
Lallemand Inc. opened a specialized new yeast manufacturing facility in Passau, Germany to cater to the surplus demand of yeast by increasing production level.
Angel Yeast Co. Ltd. launched a new natural flavor-enhancing solution for plant-based foods and beverages in Europe to increase the customer base and target the untapped audience.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Active Yeast industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Active Yeast market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Active Yeast market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Active Yeast market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the Active Yeast market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Active Yeast" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Active Yeast" Market?
Active Yeast Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Lesaffre Group, Asmussen GmbH, Lallemand Inc., Hagold Hefe GmbH, Red Star Yeast Company, Dingtao Yongxing Foods Co. Ltd., Angel Yeast Co. Ltd., ACH Foods