Adventure tourism refers to unique and challenging experiences based vacation, in which travelers interact with local populations and also connect with their core values. Adventure travel is a kind of tourism, which includes caving, climbing, cycling, hiking, hunting, rafting, and others. These adventure make the travelers feel thrilled and refreshed. Tourism is one of the most rapidly growing sectors, while adventure tourism is one of its fastest growing segments. Based on travel market survey, America and Europe are the two leading regions that presently account for approximately 70% of the global international travel departures.
Adventure tourism has grown exponentially worldwide, over the past few years, as travelers are keen to visit previously undiscovered destinations. Moreover, with the significant increase in government initiatives in the form of public and private partnership to promote tourism has led to the adventure tourism market growth. Moreover, in 2012 The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) reported that the global tourism hit a record of more than one billion international tourism arrivals. Therefore, all these factors are considered as some of the key growth drivers for the world adventure tourism market. However, risk involved in adventure travelling and unpredictable weather conditions are few major challenges to the travel adventure tourism industry. Irrespective of challenges, increase in social media trend creates a huge opportunity for adventure travel market as Facebook has become the most preferred social network among travelers to get best deals and travel trips.
The market is segmented on the basis of adventure type, package type, budget type, and geography. The adventure segment is classified into hard adventure, soft adventure, and others. The package type segment is divided into family package, group package, and couple package. The budget type segment includes high budget, medium budget, and low budget. Based on geography, the world adventure travel market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America is categorized into the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Europe is sub categorized into UK, Russia, Germany, and rest of the Europe. The countries covered under Asia-Pacific are China, India, Japan, and rest of Asia Pacific. LAMEA includes Latin America, Middle East, and Africa.
Major companies profiled in the report include Austin-Lehman Adventures, G Adventures Open Up the World, Mountain Travel Sobek, Travcoa, ROW Adventures, REI Adventures, Geographic Expeditions Adventurous Trips, Intrepid Travel, Butterfield & Robinson, and Abercrombie & Kent.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- Comprehensive analysis of the current and future trends in the world adventure travel market have been provided in this report
- The report provides a competitive scenario of the world adventure travel market with current and future growth trends, structure, driving factors, scope, opportunities, and challenges
- The report includes a comprehensive analysis of market segments to provide insights on the market dynamics
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of stakeholders involved at various stages of the value chain
- SWOT analysis of the key market players highlights their strengths and weaknesses along with potential opportunities present in the market
ADVENTURE TOURISM MARKET SEGMENTATION
The world adventure travel market is segmented on the basis of adventure type, package type, budget type, and geography.
By Adventure Type
- Hard Adventure
- Soft Adventure
By Package Type
- Family Package
- Group Package
- Couple Package
By Budget Type
- High Budget
- Medium Budget
- Low Budget
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Key Players
- Austin-Lehman Adventures
- G Adventures Open Up the World
- Mountain Travel Sobek
- ROW Adventures
- REI Adventures
- Geographic Expeditions Adventurous Trips
- Intrepid Travel
- Butterfield & Robinson
- Abercrombie & Kent