Ambient energy is a type of energy that is produced by both natural and man-made sources during a variety of activities. Energy harvesting is the technique of extracting usable energy from the environment's resident energy sources. An ambient energy harvester extracts very small amounts of energy from the environment, which can be used to power small devices to do amazing tasks. Ambient energy harvesters are more convenient because they do not necessitate the purchase, installation, or replacement of batteries. The energy captured is sufficient to power wireless sensor systems, which is expected to drive the growth of the ambient energy harvester market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 has a significant impact on end-user applications. The major application area for energy harvesting is building and home automation. The demand for building and home automation has been reduced as a result of the interruption caused by COVID-19.
- The U.S. is a significant hub for the adoption of energy harvesting devices in applications such as buildings, homes, and industrial automation. However, the ambient energy harvester market has been limited by government-imposed nationwide lockdowns.
Top Impacting Factors
The global ambient energy harvester market is expected to grow significantly over the coming years owing to increased need for micro power production for charging thin film batteries. The product is safe for the environment and produces clean energy. Rise in demand from sensors and wireless sensor networks is expected to drive the market demand during the forthcoming years. In addition, the industry is expected to benefit from increased use of the product in security equipment and technological devices. Ambient energy harvesters are more convenient because they do not necessitate the purchase, installation, and replacement of batteries. The energy captured is sufficient to power wireless sensor networks, propelling the market growth for ambient energy harvesters. The ambient energy harvester market is predicted to increase because of surge in government support for energy gathering and storage in various economies. In the field of energy harvesting, nanotechnology advancement is predicted to shrink the size of devices and make them more portable. However, expensive startup costs and a lack of understanding of the collection concept among the general public is expected to limit the market growth.
- Voltree is a company that harvests energy from the environment. It transforms the harvested energy into electricity, which can be used by power sensor networks that can locate and control flames.
- Innowattech, an Israeli conglomerate, devised a plan to bury PE generators 33 feet beneath the highway, which can power roughly 250 homes.
- Piezoelectric generators are crystal-based power generators that create electricity under pressure. They are tested for use in sidewalks, sports stadiums, and highways to create useful energy from traffic and other activities.
- The latest advances include gathering energy from heartbeats via the chest and converting it into electricity for the operation of devices such as pacemakers. Researchers are also experimenting with using the human body to create electricity.
- Honeywell acquires Sparta Systems to expand its life sciences and software capabilities. Honeywell's breakthrough drive to further penetrate the life sciences market will be accelerated by Sparta's technology, which is expected to augment Honeywell's existing portfolio of superior automation and process control capabilities.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ambient energy harvester industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ambient energy harvester market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ambient energy harvester market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Ambient energy harvester market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Ambient Energy Harvester Market Report Highlights
By Power Source
By End user Industry
Key Market Players
EnOcean Gmb, Cymbet Corporation, Fujitsu, STMicroelectronics, Inc, Siemens AG., Linear Technologies, Cypress Semiconductor Corp, Honeywell International Inc, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Infinite Power Solution Inc., Texas Instruments Limited