Anti-foaming agents are chemical additives, that eliminates or reduces unwanted foam development during industrial processes. The terms defoamer or anti-foaming agents are often used interchangeably in this field. Foams are the substances formed by trapping air/gas pockets in a liquid or solid. It causes severe problems such as inefficiency in the process, defects in surface coatings, storage instability, and several other losses. Anti-foaming agents are having low viscosity and high surface active properties. It has tendency to spread rapidly on foam surfaces where it destabilizes foaming layers causing rupture of air bubbles and breaking of foam. Commonly used agents during removal of foams are insoluble oil, silicones, alcohols, stearates and glycol. Currently there are numerous applications of these agents in detergents, food industry, paper & pulp industry, water treatment plants, bio-chemicals industries, etc.
The world anti-foaming market is currently in its advanced stage. Currently, the antifoaming agent market is segmented based on types, namely, water-based, oil-based, and silicone based. Recently, in 2015 silicone based market occupied the largest share and is supposed to occupy second largest share during forecast period. This high demand of silicone is because of its low surface tension, chemical inertness, thermal stability, and complete solubility in water. The global anti-foaming agent market is expected to register substantial growth in the near future due to increased applications in paper & pulp industry. Other factors that drive the market are growing demand for anti-foaming agents in water treatment plants, paints & coatings industry, and bio-chemicals industry.
The report segments the anti-foaming agents market on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into water based, oil based, silicone based and others. On the basis of application, the market is classified into paper & pulp, oil & gas, paints & coatings, water treatment, food & beverages, detergents, pharmaceuticals, textiles and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recent advancements in this market is product launches done by major companies such as new oil based defoamer launched by Air Products & Chemicals in June, 2015 as well as new molecular defoamer and wetting agent launched by same company in October, 2015, Dow Corning Corporation launched new siloxane-based additive for controlling foam in January, 2016, BASF too launched deaerator for 100% solid coatings in April, 2016.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Air Products and Chemicals Inc., DOW Corning Corporation, BASF, Ashland Inc., Ecolab Inc. (Nalco), Evonik Industries, Shin-Etsu Chemical Company Ltd., Kemira OYJ, Elementis PLC, and Wacker Chemie AG is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global world anti-foaming agents market is provided.
- Geographically, the world anti-foaming agents market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global anti-foaming agents market by type helps in understanding the types of raw materials that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- Key market players within the world anti-foaming agents market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly.
ANTI-FOAMING AGENT MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Water Based
- Oil Based
- Silicone Based
- Paper & Pulp
- Oil & Gas
- Paints & Coatings
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverages
- North America
- South Africa