Apheresis is a medical procedure of separating individual components of the whole blood from a donor or patient. The rest of the blood components are released into the bloodstream of the patient or donor. This technique is used for collection of donor blood components (such a platelets or plasma) as well as for the treatment of certain medical conditions to eliminate the affected components of the blood.
The global apheresis market is driven by increased rate of blood donation, advantages of apheresis over whole blood collection, growing awareness towards blood donation, and rise in demand for plasma collection & fractionation. However, lack of awareness about apheresis procedures and high cost of apheresis devices & procedures restrain the market growth. Conversely, increasing the outreach of apheresis in the pediatric segment and emerging economies with increase in investments from government bodies provide significant opportunities for the market in the near future.
The global apheresis market is segmented based on product, procedure, technology, application, and region. Based on product, it is classified into devices and disposables. On the basis of procedure, it is categorized into automated or donor apheresis and therapeutic apheresis. Therapeutic apheresis segment is further segmented into extracorporeal immunoadsorption (ECI), therapeutic photopheresis, cytapheresis, and therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE). Based on technology, the market is divided into centrifugation, intermittent flow, continuous flow, and membrane separation. Based on application, it is categorized into plasmapheresis, plateletpheresis, erythrocytapheresis, leukapheresis, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in the report include Haemonetics Corporation, Fresenius Medical Care, Terumo Latin American Corporation., Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd., Kawasumi Laboratories Inc., Cerus Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, HemaCare Corporation, Kaneka Corporation, and Nikkiso Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global apheresis market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players and their strategies have been thoroughly analyzed to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market by devices type assists to understand the availability of various forms of devices used in the global apheresis market.
Apheresis Market Key Segments:
- Intermittent Flow
- Continuous Flow
- Membrane Separation
- Donor or Automated Apheresis
- Therapeutic Apheresis
- Extracorporeal Immunoadsorption (ECI)
- Therapeutic Photopheresis
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA