Apples are one of the most important food sources of flavonoids, not only because of their high flavonoid content, but also because of the large amount of apples ingested in the usual diet. Flavonoid content varies greatly not only between different food categories, but also between different apple cultivars and different portions of an apple. Flavonoids are abundant in the peel of apples, with higher levels observed in darker, redder, and bluer apples. A number of environmental factors influence flavonoid content, which must be understood and managed for apples to attain and sustain flavonoid levels. These elements include—ripeness of the fruit, fruit exposure to sunshine, storage time, and kind of storage
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The breakout of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the growth of the apple flavonoids market. Supply chain has been affected and this has affected the producer’s ability to obtain crucial production inputs.
- This pandemic has made people more health conscious and this is why demand for personal care and medicinal products is on rise, which is anticipated to affect the growth of the apple flavonoids market
- Manufacturers of these products were also affected due to financial issues and non-availability of funds.
Top Impacting Factors
- Changes in consumer lifestyles and increased demand for beauty and health supplements are likely to drive the consumption of flavonoids. Thus, apples with high flavonoid content are expected to gain demand.
- Consumer demand for nutraceuticals is driving the business, and plant flavonoids have a lot of promise. The introduction of various products in the cosmetics industry is projected to have a favorable impact on apple flavonoid demand.
- Functional foods & beverages, nutritional supplements, cosmetics, and medications are just a few of the applications for flavonoids. In the food sector, they are employed as sweeteners and coloring additives. They prevent infections by inhibiting cancer cell growth, curing stomach ulcers, and acting as an antimicrobial.
Anthocyanins major type in apple flavonoids market
Flavonoids include anthocyanins, anthoxanthins, and flavones, to name a few. Apples have high amount of anthocyanins in its peel, followed by the whole fruit. Anthocyanins occupy majority of the flavonoid market share. The key motivating element is the rise in usage of anthocyanin as a coloring ingredient in the food & beverage industry.
Flavonoids are found in a variety of products, including functional foods, beverages, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, and medications. In terms of value, functional food has the biggest market share. Flavonoids, which are produced by plants, are key dietary components with a wide range of qualities, including antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anticancer effects.
Use in personal care and medicinal food industry
Greater investments in personal care product R&D led to increased market demand for apple flavonoids. Flavonoids found in apples are potent antioxidants that beat synthetic antioxidants. The demand for anti-ageing, skin lightening, anti-cellulite, and anti-couperosis products drives the growth of the cosmetic and personal care sector, boosting the growth of the apple flavonoids market.
Apple flavonoids are catalysts used in medicine that play a key part in medical diets and are linked to a lower risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, and cancer. As a result, there is a lot of room for drug development in the future. Apple flavonoids are increasingly being employed in bovine nutrition to modulate metabolic processes and improve rumen efficiency in the recent years.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Apple Flavonoids industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Apple Flavonoids Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Apple Flavonoids Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Apple Flavonoids Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Apple Flavonoids Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Apple Flavonoids Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Apple Flavonoids Market?
Apple Flavonoids Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Foodchem International Corporation, FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation, Sigma-Aldrich, Cayman Chemical, Extrasynthese, Triveni Interchem Private Limited, Toroma organics ltd, Merck KGaA, Alchem International Pvt. Ltd, Flavon International Ltd (UK)