Window film is a thin laminate film mounted on the interior or exterior of glass surfaces. These thin films are made of vinyl, polyester, plastic, ceramics, and other material that allow the light to pass through it, and are installed on the windows of homes, offices, hospitals, boats, cars, and aircrafts.
Glass has low reflectance for room temperature radiations, which causes loss of thermal energy from buildings, whereas it has high transmission of the solar radiations, which increases the energy necessary for cooling buildings. Architectural window film on the glass reduces the emissivity and control solar radiations.
Energy control, heat & glare reduction, UV filtration, privacy, safety, aesthetic appearance, and scratch resistance are the benefits offered by architectural window films, which drive the market growth. In addition, rise in population in India and China is expected to increase construction activities, which in turn is projected to drive the market growth.
Architectural window film plays an important role in reducing energy consumption through thermal insulation and results in effective cooling and reduced costs. The use of architectural window films in residential and commercial buildings helps to meet requirements of advanced energy codes, provides comfort to building occupants, and contributes toward green building certifications. Thus, increase in demand for energy-efficient housing systems is expected to provide new opportunities for the market players. However, stringent government regulations on volatile organic compounds (VOC) present in the material used to produce architectural window films hamper the market growth.
The global architectural window film market is segmented into material, product, application, and geography. Based on material, the market is categorized into vinyl, polyester, plastic, ceramic, and others. By product, it is classified into ceramic film, reflective films, nonreflective films, safety films, privacy films, and others. The applications covered in the study include commercial and residential. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- 3M Company
- The Window Film Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Garware Suncontrol
- Solar Control Films Inc.
- Purlfrost Ltd.
- Sun Control
- Madico Inc.
- Polytronix Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global architectural window film market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the product of architectural window film and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Architectural Window Film Market Key Segmentation:
- Ceramic Film
- Reflective Film
- Nonreflective Film
- Safety Film
- Privacy Film
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA