Asia Pacific in Vitro Fertilisation Market Overview:
Asia Pacific in Vitro Fertilisation Market, valued at $3.0 billion in 2015, is estimated to reach $7.1 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 13.3% during the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific in vitro fertilisation market is the fastest growing market of the global in vitro fertilisation market.
The Asia-Pacific IVF cycle market is characterized by improvement in standards of living, increasing number of couples delaying parenthood due to professional commitments, and trends towards financial stability. In addition, unprecedented growth in the service sector in this region has led to stress and anomalous lifestyle, which is the leading cause of male and female infertility. Advanced developing nations, such as India and China, have rapid increase in nuclear families triggering the concern for proper parenting among young couples leading to delay in parenthood. Rising aging population in the region is the major concern for governments across the APAC countries.
The fertility rates in some of the Asia-Pacific countries, namely Japan, North and South Korea, China, Vietnam, Singapore, and Thailand, are below the threshold replacement fertility level, i.e. 2.1 birth per 1000 women. According to the East West Center Study, Asia’s prosperous economies namely, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan, have the lowest birth rate, worldwide. Taiwan had the lowest birth per women, which was 8.55 birth per 1000 women, as compared to that of other countries such as South Korea (8.26), Japan (8.07) and Singapore (8.1) in 2014.
Percentage of People who Perceived Various Infertility Factors (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, and China)
Source: Fertility Asia
The Asia-Pacific in vitro fertilization market report analyzes the market based on three segments: end users, cycle type, and country. Based on cycle type, it is categorized into fresh cycle (non-donor), thawed IVF cycle (non-donor), and donor egg IVF cycle. Based on end users, it is classified into fertility clinics, hospitals, surgical centers, and clinical research institute. Based on country, the Asia-Pacific in vitro fertilization market is analyzed across India, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Vietnam in Vitro Fertilization Market, Volume and Value, 2014-2022, (Thousand, $Million)
In Vietnam, the infertility rate decreased from 1.93 children per 1000 women in 2010 to 1.85 in 2014, which is less as compared to the globally accepted rate of 2.33 children per woman. The decrease in fertility rate has led to a decline in birth rate from 17.29 per 1,000 people in 2010 to 16.26 per 1,000 people in 2014. The cost of fresh IVF treatment in Vietnam is approximately $2,100-$2,500 per cycle of treatment, which is the cheapest in the Southeast Asian region. In addition, the success rate of the treatment is around 50% to 60%, which is reasonable as compared to that of Indonesia, Thailand, which has a success rate of 30% to 40%.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific IVF market across twelve major countries along with cross sectional analysis of the total number of IVF cycles performed and the total revenue generated during the forecast period.
- The report includes the strategies adopted by various IVF clinics and hospitals across major countries to capitalize on the latent opportunities in the Asia-Pacific IVF market.
- This report comprehensively analyzes the market scenario across different countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and highlighting the market potential, in terms of value and volume, from 2015 to 2022.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following the key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders.
Asia Pacific in Vitro Fertilisation Market Key Segments:
By End Users (Value and Volume)
- Fertility Clinics
- Surgical Centers
- Clinical Research Institutes
By Cycle Type, (Value and Volume)
- Fresh Cycle (Non-Donor)
- Thawed IVF Cycle (Non-Donor)
- Donor Egg IVF Cycles
By Cycle Type Country Level Analysis (Value and Volume)
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific