A flexible display is a particular type pf display which is made of polymer compound to extend a flexible structure for the display screen. In recent years, the growing market for consumer electronics, is boosting the demand for these displays to be used in e-readers, smart phones, tablet PCs and other consumer electronics. Flexibility reduces/minimizes the chances of accidental breakage of displays integrated within the equipment. However, stress induced during rolling the display may reduce the efficiency of display and damage the device. However, there are some challenges associated with its inadaptability towards various working conditions. The research is still in progress to enhance the reliability of flexible displays. Hence, the market for flexible displays is still evolving.
Asia-Pacific flexible display market is segmented on the basis of component used, technology, application and country. Technology segment is further sub segmented into two types - display technology and display manufacturing technology. Display technology includes OLED, E-paper, LCD, and LCOS. Display manufacturing technology includes flat panel display technology and Plasma display technology. Key players in the flexible display market are Atmel co, Delta electronics, Dupont display, Hewlett-Packard Company, LG display, Philips Electronics, Samsung, Sony Corporation and Visonox.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the flexible display market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The market is segmented on the components, technology, application, and country.
MARKET BY COMPONENTS
- Organic material
- Conductive layer
- Backlight panel
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- Display technology
- Display manufacturing technology
- Flat panel display technology
- Plasma display technology
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Smart phones
MARKET BY COUNTRY
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia
- Atmel co
- Delta electronics
- Dupont display
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- LG display
- Philips Electronics
- Sony Corporation
Asia Pacific Flexible Display Market Report Highlights
By Display manufacturing technology
Key Market Players
E Ink Holdings, Sharp Corporation, CPT Corporation, AU Optronics Corporation, Samsung Electronics, BOE Technology Group, Nichia Corporation, LG Electronics, HP Inc., Sony Corporation