Asia-Pacific In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market Overview
Asia-Pacific In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market is expected to garner $4.2 billionin by 2020, registering a CAGR of 17.1% during the forecast period 2014 - 2020.
In Vitro Fertilization is a type of assisted reproductive technology that helps women in conceiving. The Asia Pacific embryo transfer market, valued at $1.9 billion in 2014, is estimated to reach $3.5 billion by 2020. Delayed pregnancy in women is one of the major driving factors of the embryo transfer market, as the chances of conceiving lowers with age. The success rate of getting pregnant with embryo transfer technique is higher in the age group of 35-39. Other driving factors of the embryo transfer market are rise in infertility rate due to rise in stress levels, change in life style and fertility related diseases. Globally, around 15% of the couples faces infertility issues in which males contribute to 20-30% of the overall cases.
The major limiting factors of this market are the cost involved and lower success rates in the treatment. Patients may not conceive in the first cycle of embryo transfer procedure. Patients have to undergo many cycles to achieve pregnancy, and this adds to the overall cost. The average cost of this procedure is approximately $3,000- $8,000. This acts as a major limitation, in adoption of the technique, for people with low income. Another challenge is the low level of awareness in the developing economies such as Nigeria, India, Indonesia among others. Awareness can be created through medical tourism and availability of low cost embryo transfer treatments. The companies profiled in this report include Vitrolife AB, Cooper Surgical. Inc., Cook Medicals, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Irvine Scientific Inc., Genea Biomedx, Oxford Gene Technology, Auxogyn Inc., EMD Serono Inc. and Ovascience Inc.
ASIA-PACIFIC IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION SERVICES MARKET KEY BENEFITS:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific IVF market across seven major countries along with cross sectional analysis of the total number of IVF cycles performed and the total revenue generated during the forecast period.
- It includes the strategies adopted by various IVF clinics and hospitals across major countries to capitalize on the latent opportunities in the Asia-Pacific IVF market.
- This report comprehensively analyzes the market scenario across different countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and highlighting the market potential, in terms of value and volume, from 2014 to 2020.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following the key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders.
ASIA-PACIFIC IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION SERVICES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
The Asia-Pacific IVF market is segmented on the basis of end users, cycle type and country:
By End Users (Value and Volume)
- Fertility clinics
- Surgical centers
- Clinical research institutes
By Cycle Type, (Value and Volume)
- Fresh cycle (non-donor)
- Thawed IVF cycle (non-donor)
- Donor egg IVF cycles
By Cycle Type Country Level Analysis (Value and Volume)
- New Zealand