Organizations from different industry verticals have been facing frequent security attacks from organized online criminal groups or hackers, causing huge financial loss and damage to their brand reputation. Thus, these organizations are heavily investing on improving their security infrastructure to protect the confidential data of their business and/or customers. In such scenarios, managed security services (MSS), which refers to outsourcing of security tasks to third party vendors in an effective and efficient manner with reduced costs, have emerged as a lucrative option compared to in-house management of the security infrastructure. The information security tasks have become more complex due to factors such as increased size and structure of the organization as well as growing applications of mobile devices, social and cloud services. In addition, stringent government regulations and increasing cybercrime activities have turned out to be the major drivers for the market growth.
However, companies are concerned about sharing sensitive data onto cloud platform, which restricts the market growth to some extent. Despite this, the growing awareness about data security and importance of e-business among customers as well as companies have proved to be profitable to adopt these technologies. Market participants have been focusing on launching technologically advanced solutions to protect the customer data from the prevalent cyber threats. For instance, Dell SecureWorks, one of the leading players in managed security services market, has recently launched Advanced Malware Protection and Detection solution to help the managed security service providers to rapidly detect, analyze and identify threats, and also provide guidance to remove the threats.
The Asia-Pacific managed security services market is segmented on the basis of deployment mode, organization size, applications, verticals and country. Based on deployment mode, the report covers cloud-based and on-premise or customer-premise equipment deployment modes. The organizations are divided into small and medium-sized businesses and large businesses. The majorly sought applications from customers include managed IPS/IDS, Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS), Unified threat management (UTM), firewall management and endpoint security. The country-wise analysis of the market is done for China, India, Japan, Singapore and Rest of Asia-Pacific countries. The verticals segment includes Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), telecom and IT, retail, healthcare, manufacturing sectors and others. The key players in the MSS market include IBM, HP, Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell SecureWorks, AT&T, Computer Science Corp., Symantec Corp., Fortinet, Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. and BT Group.
- The current and future trends adopted by the key market players are highlighted to determine the overall competitiveness of the market
- Porters five forces model highlights the market threats and the competitive scenarios, which enable the stakeholders in the market to devise appropriate strategies
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all key intermediaries in the market, which would help the stakeholders in devising appropriate strategies
- Insights regarding latent opportunities would help stakeholders in implementing strategic business plans
MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The Asia-Pacific managed security services market is segmented on the basis of deployment mode, applications, organization size, verticals and country.
by Deployment Mode
- Hosted or cloud-based MSS
- On-premise or customer-premise equipment (CPE) MSS
- Managed IPS and IDS
- Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS)
- Unified threat management (UTM)
- Secured information and event management (SIEM)
- Firewall management
- Endpoint Security
by Organization Size
- Small and Medium-sized businesses
- Large businesses
- Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Telecom & IT
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia
- IBM Corporation
- Dell SecureWorks
- Symantec Corp.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Computer Science Corp.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- BT Group