APAC Sports Nutrition Market Overview:
Asia-Pacific Sports Nutrition Market is expected to garner $7.8 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period 2015-2020.
The Asia-Pacific sports nutrition market has evolved at a rapid pace since past few years. Demand of wide variety of sports supplements, sports drinks and sports food has increased consistently, not only amongst athletes & body builders but also in the mainstream market which comprises lifestyle and recreational users. The penetration of sports drinks & sports food is higher in developed countries such as Japan, Australia and others. The market is in initial phase in China and India, however, is anticipated to witness phenomenal growth in upcoming years. Presently, Japan is the largest market of sports nutrition, followed by China.
Improving standard of living in developing countries such as China and India, owing to increasing disposable income and urbanization are the major factors supplementing the growth of the market in the Asia-Pacific region. Moreover, increasing health & fitness consciousness and rising number of fitness centers are other major factors fueling the market growth. However, availability of low-priced, cheap and counterfeit products, primarily in countries such as China and India, has emerged to be the major challenge for the players operating in the market.
The Asia-Pacific sports nutrition market is segmented on the basis of product type, end-users, distribution channel and country. Segmentations on the basis of product type include sports drinks, sports supplement and sports food. Sports drink is the largest revenue generating segment in the Asia-Pacific sports nutrition market. However, the sports food segment would exhibit the fastest growth during the forecast period due to increasing mass adoption. Segmentations on the basis of end users comprise bodybuilders, athletes, recreational users and lifestyle users. Majority of sports nutrition products are distributed through large retail & mass merchandisers, small retail, drug & specialty stores, fitness institutions and online distribution channels. Geographically, the market is segmented into China, Japan, Australia, India and Rest of APAC. Japan is the largest revenue generating country in the Asia-Pacific sports nutrition market, owing to higher adoption of sports drinks and sports food. China, Australia & India are amongst major markets of sports supplements in the region.
Players profiled in the report include Universal Nutrition Corporation, Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., The Coca-Cola Company, Glanbia Plc., CytoSport Holdings Inc, PepsiCO. Inc., GNC Holding Inc., Suntory Beverage and Food Ltd., and Herbalife Nutrition.
- Current and future trends have been outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends in order to gain a stronger foothold in the APAC sports nutrition market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with their impact analysis during the forecast period
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and forecast for the period of 20152020 have been provided to highlight the financial appetency of the market in various APAC countries
- Porters five forces analysis of the APAC sports nutrition market illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the APAC sports nutrition market
SPORTS NUTRITION MARKET SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of product type, end user, distribution channel and country.
- Sports Food
- Sports Drinks
- Sports Supplements
- Recreational Users
- Lifestyle Users
- Large Retail and Mass Merchandizers
- Small Retail
- Drug and Specialty Stores
- Fitness Institutions (Fitness centers, Gym & Health clubs)
- Online & others
- Rest of APAC
- Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
- Universal Nutrition Corporation
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Glanbia Plc.
- CytoSport Holdings Inc.
- PepsiCo. Inc.
- GNC Holding Inc.
- Suntory Beverage and Food Ltd.
- Herbalife Nutrition
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.