ATM Market Overview:
ATM Market (Automatic Teller Machines Market) is expected to garner $21.9 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period 2015-2020. Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), introduced in developed countries during the late 70s, were cash dispensers, helping customers conduct a wide array of financial transactions. A decade ago, ATM machines were mere cash dispensers through which customers could only withdraw cash and receive details of their bank accounts.
The standalone feature of 24*7 availability of transactional services provided by the banks, across multiple locations (offsite ATM machines), defined the very landscape of ATM market. Smart ATMs have played a considerable role in generating revenue in developing countries. Recent technological advancements, enabling financial transactions to be conducted over wireless devices, have boosted the growth of the World ATM market. In hindsight, these technological advancements have also led to the emergence of major fraudulent acts and security threats. Severe risks, associated with ATM machines such as thefts, online frauds, connectivity and operational issues, would limit the growth of the ATM market.
The world ATM market is exhibiting a progressive growth in developing countries. Solar ATMs, Smart ATMs among others, in emerging markets, are driving the growth of the ATM market. Additionally, numerous market players are collaborating with other companies to provide better services to customers while expanding their geographical horizons. Diebold for instance, launched the worlds first Smart ATM machine in Asia-Pacific region in 2013. Fujitsu, launched a Smart ATM for European retail banking, in 2014. Singapore is one of the first Asian countries to introduce Smart Gold ATMs which would dispense gold bars, coins and ingots. Technological advancements are increasing across developed countries in order to meet consumer demands.
World ATM market is segmented into solution, type and geography. The solutions chapter analyzes deployment solutions i.e., onsite ATMs, offsite ATMs, worksite ATMs, mobile ATMs and managed services. Offsite ATMs are exhibiting a rapid growth. Further, according to type, ATM market is segmented into conventional/bank ATMs and brown label ATMs, White label ATMs, Smart ATMs and cash dispensers. Geographically, the report also provides a detailed analysis of key countries such as US, Canada, China, India, UK, Spain, South Africa and Middle-East.
Potential Benefits For Stakeholders:
- This report highlights the current scenario of the world ATM market along with its scope and identifies the ongoing trend of wireless communicating devices to forage the prominent investment pockets in the market
- Market analysis unveils the dominant aspects, viz. upsurge in the demand for automated systems and development of security standards for ATM usage
- Current trends in the global market have been outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out potential investment segments to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of the market segments assists in understanding the market scenario. These segments highlight conditions favorable for growth of the world ATM market
- Porters Five Forces model helps in analyzing the potential of buyers and suppliers with a competitive sketch of the market, which helps market players in better decision-making
- The value chain analysis of the industry provides a clear view of the key intermediaries involved and elaborate their roles and value addition at every stage in the chain
World ATM Market Key Segments
The world ATM market is segmented based on solution, type, and geography.
- Deployment solutions
- Onsite ATMs
- Offsite ATMs
- Work site ATMs
- Mobile ATMs
- Managed services
- Conventional/Bank ATMs
- Brown label ATMs
- White label ATMs
- Smart ATMs
- Cash dispensers
- North America
- South Africa
- Diebold, Inc.
- NCR Corporation
- Wincor Nixdorf AG
- Triton systems of Delaware, LLC
- GRG Banking Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi-Omron Terminal Solutions, Corporation
- HESS Cash Systems GmbH & Co KG
- Nautilus Hyosung Corporation
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Euronet Worldwide, Inc.