Automotive Laminated Glass Market Outlook – 2027
Laminated glass is a form of safety glass used in vehicles and formed by bonding layers of glass either side of a tough plastic film. Laminated glass is widely used in the front windscreen of vehicle which is subjected to very hard impacts in case of accidents. Owing to its structural formation of laminated glass, repair of car windshield has been possible as the broken pieces of glass stay attached to the plastic layer and does not shatter into small crystal-like pieces like tempered glass. Additionally, tempered glass reduces UV radiation and thereby improves visibility of driver.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 is a spreading at a rapid rate and is having a widespread effect along with unique set of challenges to automotive manufacturers.
- With production shutdowns taking effect, automotive companies need to remain focused and nimble to better navigate this crisis.
- Although, the sales of vehicles will grow with the reduction in use of public transport. This, in turn, would increase the sales of automotive laminated glass market. However, the sales of high-end vehicle would remain affected due to the pandemic.
- Additionally, the significant increase in number of daily commuters is anticipated to increase due the pandemic. As laminated glass have an advantage of temperature control and better strength, the preference of daily commuters would shift towards laminated glass, which in turn, would increase its demand.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Major driving factor of automotive laminated glass market is safety as it has more resistance to breakage in a crash. Additionally, as the laminated glass remains intact even when broken, the risk of damage to airbags is reduced and plays a vital role in human safety in case of accident. Likewise, automotive laminated glass provides security to passengers from attacks from outside as it has very high strengths. Moreover, it has better resistance to noise which is proliferating the market growth. However, high cost associated with laminated glass could hamper the market. Further, it lowers the temperature in the inside of car due to its resistance to ultraviolet rays and also increase the life of upholstery in vehicle.
The Automotive laminated glass market trends are as follows:
Increase in adoption of laminated glass
Owing to the benefits offered by laminated glass, the consumers are demanding laminated glass from automakers. Additionally, the market is expected to increase due to electrical and autonomous vehicles. Moreover, there has been exponential increase in aftermarket installation of laminated glass as tempered glass were used in vehicles historically. Also, laminated glass offers better visibility than tempered glass and hence the sales of laminated glass has increased in recent years.
Growth in demand for security
With installation of tempered glass in vehicle, the security of vehicle is enhanced as it has better resistance to shattering and also provides protection against adverse weather conditions. High-end cars use laminated backlights with embedded tungsten wires for defrosting purposes. The use of laminated side glass started with popular passenger car models such as Audi A8(1994) followed by Mercedes S class (1996) and Volvo S80.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive laminated glass industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive laminated glass market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive laminated glass market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Automotive laminated glass market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Laminated Glass Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle type
By Sales channel
Key Market Players
Asahi India Glass Limited, Fuyao Glass America, Motherson Group, Webasto Group, Corning Incorporated, Xinyi Glass, Hitachi Chemical Co.,, SAINT-GOBAIN, GENTEX CORPORATION, Magna International Inc.