Automotive window display system also known as the heads up display (HUD) or active glass is any transparent display that provides necessary and useful information to the driver. The driver can gather information, such as the speed of the car, tire pressure, fuel left, weather report, visibility, and direction so that he or she can focus on their usual viewpoint, thereby reducing the chance of accidents. The automotive industry is going through a drastic change in the form of digitalization. Remote vehicle shutdown, biometric vehicle access, automated manual transmission (AMT), start-stop technology, and Active window are some of the recent developments in the field of automotive industry.
Automotive window display system allows the user to easily monitor the speed and navigation of the vehicle, play music, and also make calls. Initially, it was designed for military purpose to gain information at a glance. Moreover, it has witnessed significant adoption in the mainstream cars in the recent times. Today, most of the luxury cars come with such display systems.
The increase in number of deaths in the road collisions, which led to the rise in concerns related to safety and security issues are the major factors that drive the growth of the automotive window display system market. This growth in adoption is expected to grow further in the future as these display systems are easy to install, use, and understand and come with interesting features. The market has a lucrative scope of growth all around the globe right from the low end automobiles to the luxurious and custom made automobiles. However, increased cost of the vehicles due to the installations of such systems and poor network connectivity in some places hinder the market growth.
The market for automotive window display segment is segmented into technology, vehicle type, and geography. The technology segment includes windshield and combiners.
The vehicle type segment includes luxury cars, premium cars, and SUVs. By geography, the market is studied across North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players focusing on the automotive window display system market are AUDI AG, Daimler AG, Delphi Automotive Plc., Yazaki Corporation, Telefonica, S.A., Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation, MicroVision, Inc., Harman International Industries, Incorporated,, TomTom International BV, and Robert Bosch GmbH.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global automotive window display system market.
- Market definition along with key points for growth and the probable factors causing the restraints are discussed and described.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by type helps understand the technologies that are currently used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies as well as among the players.
Automotive Window Display System Market Key Segmentation:
- Luxury Cars
- Premium Cars
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- AUDI AG
- Daimler AG
- Delphi Automotive Plc.
- Yazaki Corporation
- Telefonica, S.A.Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- MicroVision, Inc.
- Harman International Industries, Incorporated
- TomTom International BV
- Robert Bosch GmbH