Bacon is made from cuts of meat that are from the side and belly portion of a pigs body. The meat is sold fresh, cured, and sometimes smoked. Bacon is relatively versatile when it comes to cooking. It is used to enhance the flavors of dishes and is wrapped around lean meats to provide moisture while cooking the meat. With an exquisitely savory and salty taste, the bacon grease can be used to fry or cook other dishes. Bacon is often consumed in breakfast and is served with eggs, pancakes, or waffles. Aside from breakfast, bacon is widely used in sandwiches and hamburgers to enhance their flavor. Depending on certain regions, the taste and texture of bacon varies, such as American-style bacon, Canadian bacon, Irish bacon, and many more.
With an increase in the demand for meat protein coupled with the development and growth in meat processing technology, the demand for the bacon market has risen. Furthermore, the increased demand for food such as pizza, breakfast sandwiches, appetizers, and hamburgers where bacon is used has surged the demand for bacon in the market. However, bacon contains a significant amount of sodium and fat, which increases the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure that restrain the growth of the bacon market. But the development of new products such as turkey bacon has created new opportunities for the market growth.
The bacon market is segmented on the basis of type, distribution channel, and geography. By type the market is segmented into dry cured, immersion cured, pumped bacon, and others. By distribution channel the market is divided into supermarkets & hypermarkets, independent retailers, specialist retailers, and others. By geography the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are BRF S.A., Cargill, Inc., Foster Farms, Farmland Industries, Inc., Hormel Foods Corporation, JBS S.A., Karro Food Group, OSI Group, Smithfield Foods, Inc., and Tnnies Lebensmittel GmbH & Co. KG.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bacon Market Key Segments:
- Dry Cured
- Immersion Cured
- Pumped Bacon
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Independent Retailers
- Specialist Retailers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA