Over 1,000 banana varieties are available in the market. Among these, the most common variety, which the banana industry relies on is the seedless Cavendish banana. According to Food and Agriculture Organization, banana muffins, banana split, banana pudding, banana bread, and banana pancakes are among the most widely by-products of bananas around the world. Banana bread is sweet, moist, cake-like quick bread made from mashed bananas. It includes ingredients such as bananas, flour, dairy products, oil, butter, spices, nuts, baking powder, and granulated sugars.
Easy availability of banana bread in various platforms ranging from modern trade to online sales channel is a key factor that drives the growth of the global banana bread market. Moreover, increase in penetration of retail sales has augmented the growth of the banana bread market. Furthermore, availability of banana bread on e-commerce platforms has resulted in convenience to buy goods without physical constraint to the consumers. In addition, e-commerce offers customers with information about product & prices as well as allow benefit comparison & comprehensive value evaluation before the purchase. Moreover, increased expenditure of millennials on fast food has resulted in increased demand for banana bread. Furthermore, increase in health consciousness among consumers has boosted manufacturers to introduce gluten-free banana bread, which in turn is expected to propel the growth of the market.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, bananas are produced in over 135 countries and territories across the tropics and subtropics. India ranks first in the production of bananas, with 29.7 million tons per year, followed by Uganda, with 11.1 million tons per year and China with 10.7 million tons per year.
The global banana bread market is segmented based on type, end user, distribution channel, and region. By type, the market is categorized into nuts, chocolate, vanilla and cream cheese. On the basis of end user, it is divided into commercial use and residential use. Depending on distribution channel, it is segregated into direct and indirect. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the banana bread market are Banana Bread Company, Papa Joe’s Bakehouse, Simple Mills Inc., Dank Banana Bread, King Arthur Flour, Orwashers New York Original Artisans Bakery, and Big Banana Bread.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global banana bread market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Banana Bread Market Report Highlights
By End Users
By DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
Key Market Players
Banana Bread Company, Orwashers New York Original Artisans Bakery, Simple Mills Inc., King Arthur Flour, Dank Banana Bread, Papa Joe’s Bakehouse, Big Banana Bread.