Bauxite, an aluminum ore, is the major source of aluminum, which consists of other constituent such as iron oxide, silica, and titania in varying proportions. The primary steps involved for mining bauxite includes drilling, blasting, overburden stripping & removal, mining excavation & truck loading, and transportation to the beneficiation facility.
Bauxite is found mainly in tropical and subtropical areas such as Africa, West Indies, South America, Australia, and small deposits in Europe. Australia is the largest producer of bauxite in the world with five active bauxite mines. Most of the bauxite mined is converted to alumina to produce aluminum metal.
Stringent government regulation on carbon dioxide (CO2) emission have compelled automobile manufacturers to produce fuel-efficient lightweight vehicles. Superior properties of aluminum such as corrosion resistance, high density, high ductility, high strength, and lightweight have led to its increased adoption in automobile industries to manufacture lightweight vehicle parts. Thus, increase in usage of aluminum drives the growth of the bauxite mining market. In addition, rise in use of bauxite for manufacturing cement fuels the market growth.
The global bauxite mining market is segmented based on application and geography. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into alumina for metallurgical purposes, abrasives, refractory, and cement. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Limited
- Access Industries
- Tata Steel Europe Ltd.
- Halco Mining
- Tajik Aluminium Company
- Mitsubishi Aluminum Co., Ltd.
- Queensland Alumina Limited
- Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd.
- Australian Bauxite Limited
- Iranian Aluminium Company
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global bauxite mining market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the application of bauxite.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Bauxite Mining Market Key Segmentation:
- Alumina for Metallurgical Purposes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA