Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) are hardware-software systems installed in buildings that monitor and control the energy needs of a building to ensure efficient and economical energy utilization. These systems monitor a buildings energy consumption by electrical and mechanical equipment such as heaters, ventilators, air conditioners, and lighting to increase energy efficiency, and reduce energy costs. At present, building systems are integrated for better synchronization and monitoring of data on energy usage and better optimization. The next generation of BEMS are collaborating directly with utility enterprises so that the building owners are aware of when power rates and demand are lowest, allowing proper scheduling of high power use activities to help lower their costs. Energy efficiency, energy price volatility, and government policies and incentive programs majorly drive the growth of this market. Factors such as high investment, and longer payback period are some of the challenges confronted with regards to installation and implementation of BEMS in various type of buildings.
Schneider, Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson Controls are some of the major companies that have defined the competitive landscape of BEMS. With the advancements in technology, leading market players are developing and devising various building energy management systems to address the increasing demands of the customers.
The market is segmented on the basis of component, end user and geography. The component segment includes Hardware and Software. Hardware segment is further bifurcated into detectors and controls, sensors and others. The end user segment is classified into commercial, government and residential. Based on geography, the world building energy management systems market is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The leading players profiled in this report are Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, Honeywell International, Inc., Elster Energy, Johnson controls, Inc., Grid point, Inc., C3 Energy, GE, Cisco Systems, Inc., CA Technologies.
Potential Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the building energy management systems market and offers current and future trends to identify lucrative investment pockets in the market
- The report identifies the key drivers, opportunities and restraints that shape the market and provides an impact analysis for the forecast period
- Porters five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers participating in this market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and highlight the profitable trends in order to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- Market estimation of geographic segments is derived from the current market scenario and expected market trends
BEMS Market Segmentation:
The market is segmented on the basis of component, end-user and geography.
Market by Component
- Detectors and Controls
Market by End-User
- IT & Telecom
- Government (Defense & Government Utility Buildings)
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia- Pacific
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Elster Group GmbH
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- GridPoint, Inc.
- C3 Energy
- General Electric
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- CA Technologies