Biohazard Bags Market Overview:
The global biohazard bags market size was $396.60 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $679.10 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 6.38% from 2022 to 2030. Disposing of biohazards, biomedical wastes, and pharmaceutical contaminants should be done properly. Without disposing of them properly, one does not only spread many diseases but also pollutes the environment. Thus, using biohazard bags to dispose of biological, pharmaceutical, or medical wastes is the best solution. These biohazard wastes can be solid or liquid and can be contaminated with harmful materials. These wastes are a bit different from medical wastes, which generally contain microbial, animal, pathological waste and human bodily fluids, which needs to be disposed properly.
Biohazard waste disposal bags can be made of polypropylene, polyethylene, plastic, and other materials. These types of bags are utilized to collect waste related to healthcare, chemical & pharmaceutical, and others. Depending on the medical waste, biohazard bags can be classified into yellow and red color.
The biohazard bags market is segmented into Material Type, Capacity and End-use.
Biohazard bags are gaining persistent adherence in applications related to collection, storage, and transportation of bio hazardous waste. These bags have a superlative strength coupled with excellent puncture resistance, which is anticipated to promote the popularity of biohazard bags in the market. Moreover, rapidly increasing number of hospitals and pathology centers across the globe and increasing adoption of biohazards bags by these institutions/centers are expected to fuel the growth of global biohazard bags market over the forecast period . These are some driving factors which are estimated to the drive the market growth.
There are minimal factors that can restrain the market. To ensure the waste is heated adequately, the bags must be opened to allow the steam in. When bagged waste is to be incinerated, this is not a concern, as the bags themselves are combustible. However, some plastic bags may melt in the autoclave, producing a mess.
The rapidly increasing use of bio-hazard bags in the diagnostic and lab testing samples along with increased use them in nursing homes, hospitals, and long-term care facilities is expected to drive market growth. Thus, there are ample growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the availability of biohazard bags has increased with the rapidly growing e-commerce sales channel across the globe. This results in pushing the growth of global biohazard bags market over the forecast period.
The key players profiled in this report include International Plastics Inc, SP Bel-Art, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Transcendia, Daniels Health, BioMedical Waste Solutions, LLC, Stericycle, Abdos Labtech Private Limited, MiniGrip, and VEOLIA.
The global biohazard bags industry is segmented on the basis of capacity type, material type, end-use, and region. By capacity type, the market is sub-segmented into less than 15 gallon, 15 to 35 gallon, more than 35 gallon. By material type, the market is classified into polypropylene, polyethylene, plastic, high-density polyethylene, and others. By end-use, the market is classified into hospitals, laboratories &research centers, pharmaceutical &biotech companies, chemical industry, and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The polyethylene sub-segment of the biohazard bags market size will have the fastest by 2021. To manufacture biohazard bags, polyethylene is widely used. One good thing about these materials is that they will burn in an incinerator with almost no ash. Bagged waste does not need to be removed from the bag before it enters the furnace. This kind of advantages of polyethylene material used in biohazard bags can propel the market during the forecast period.
The Polypropylene sub-segment of the biohazard bags market will be expected to be the dominating sub-segment in the market during forecast period. The Polypropylene (PP) is a raw material designed to provide many benefits not offered by conventional poly bags. This material provides added strength and clarity while reducing the moisture/vapor transmission rate (MVTR). Autoclavable single-use waste bag made of very strong polypropylene foil (50 µm) with broad floor seam. For sterilization and disposal of hazardous, contaminated materials. Such factors are expected to surge the demand for Polypropylene biohazard bags, which will ultimately raise the global market, in the forecast years.
By capacity type, the less than 15 gallon sub-segment is predicated to be the fastest growing as well as dominating the market in 2021. The growth of this sub-segment can be attributed to use of biohazard bags for collecting, storing, and transporting biohazardous waste. These bags are designed to provide superior strength, puncture & tear resistance, and long lasting durability. Biohazard symbols and large print clearly communicate bag contents. This bags biohazard capacity bags deliver extreme film strength for tough products like linen, blood products, and materials contaminated with bodily fluids, as well as waste that contains heavy metals, toxic materials, and chemicals that require special handling. .Such applications of less than 15 gallon biohazard capacity bags are bound to create a scope of growth for the sub-segment during the forecast period.
Based on end-use, hospitals, clinics & diagnostic labs sub-segment is anticipated to acquire fastest growth rate. In medical settings, along with other infectious waste, blood components are frequently disposed of and collected in biohazardous bags. To reduce the danger of infection for patients and healthcare workers, waste must be transported, collected, and kept properly. Therefore, it may be assumed that the growth of this market would outpace the requirement for efficient biomedical waste disposal in hospitals.
North America regional market is projected to be the most dominating global biohazard bags market over the forecast period. This is due to the stringent government regulations to use biohazard bags in hospitals and pathology centers for patient’s safety as well as people’s preference to use of these biohazard bags at homes to dispose of biohazard waste materials, such as syringes used by diabetic patients, toilet paper, tampons, disposable diapers, wipes, and bandages . massive investment in the market of biohazard bags. These are predicted to be the major factors affecting the Biohazard Bags Market during the forecast period.
Highlights of the Report
- The report provides exclusive and comprehensive analysis of the global biohazard bags market trends along with the biohazard bags market forecast.
- The report elucidates the biohazard bags market opportunity along with key drivers, and restraints of the market. It is a compilation of detailed information, inputs from industry participants and industry experts across the value chain, and quantitative and qualitative assessment by industry analysts.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of the buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the market for strategy building.
- The report entailing the biohazard bags market analysis maps the qualitative sway of various industry factors on market segments as well as geographies.
- The data in this report aims on market dynamics, trends, and developments affecting the biohazard bags market growth.
- The report provides the Biohazard Bags Market size for 2021 and forecast from 2022 - 2030. Furthermore, it covers the biohazard bags market share analysis for regions, countries, and companies.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Biohazard Bags market
- COVID-19 is an incomparable global public health emergency that has affected almost every industry, and the long-term effects are projected to impact the industry growth during the forecast period.
- Due to coronavirus outbreak, clinics and medical laboratories from the healthcare industry are taking serious measures to prevent the spreading of the corona virus. Thus, the demand for biohazard bags is increasing which will stimulate the global biohazard bags market growth during the forecast period.
- For instance, in February 2021, Illinois, United States based Justrite Safety Group, launched a new line of poly waste container bags. These bags are designed to identify biohazard and infectious linen medical waste and would be available in two colors- red for biohazard material handling and yellow for infectious linen. Also, growing burden of biomedical waste and rising urbanization in emerging economies are anticipated to act as a catalyzing factor for the market demand during the forecast period.
Biohazard Bags Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2030
USD 679.1 million
CAGR of 6.4%
2021 - 2030
By Material Type
Key Market Players
Thomas Scientific, Stericycle, SP Bel-Art, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Heathrow Scientific., Daniels Sharpsmart Inc., Transcendia, Merck KGaA, Lithey Inc., VWR International, LLC.
Rapidly increasing number of hospitals and pathology centers across the globe is one of prominent reasons responsible for pushing adoption of biohazard bags market during the forecast period. In addition, implementation of stringent government regulations toward biohazard waste management is expected to fuel growth of the market during the forecast period. However, lack of awareness regarding health hazards associated with medical waste and lack of training for proper disposal of medical waste are the key factors expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period. On the contrary, the healthcare sector is expected to propel the growth of the biohazard bags market in the coming years as plasticizers are used in manufacturing biohazard bags to increase flexibility and stiffness of the bags.
Among the analyzed regions, North America is expected to account for the highest revenue in the market by the end of 2031, followed by Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. Heavy investments by market players along with the importance of proper disposal of medical waste and growing number of patients are the key factors responsible for leading position of North America and Asia-Pacific in the global biohazard bags market.