The measurement and statistical analysis of people's unique physical and behavioral characteristics is known as biometrics. The technology is primarily used for identification and access control as well as identifying individuals who are being watched. The fundamental premise of biometric authentication is that every individual can be accurately identified by their intrinsic physical or behavioral characteristics. The term biometrics is derived from the Greek word’s bio, which means "life" and metric, which means "measurement." It is used in criminal ID systems, such as fingerprint or palm print authentication systems.
The global Biometrics in Government market forecast is segmented on the basis of Type, Application, and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into DNA Analysis, Voice Recognition, Iris Recognition, Fingerprint Identification, and Face Recognition. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Latent Fingerprint Matching, Public Safety, E-Passport, Healthcare and Welfare, Border Control, Voter Registration, National ID, and E-Visas. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has a negative impact on the market, as lockdowns have forced the closure of manufacturing units in the consumer electronics sector. Furthermore, government-imposed lockdowns have resulted in a decrease in registrations for government-mandated citizen identification programs. Fear of the virus has caused the use of fingerprint biometric systems in government agencies to be halted. However, facial recognition may witness an increase as a result of the rise of virtual meetings and increased use of collaboration software to ensure cooperation and productivity. As the COVID-19 virus affects citizens worldwide, healthcare and welfare will undoubtedly be the largest revenue generator for governments. SuperCom is an Israeli company that has worked with the local government to track and monitor the quarantine process of patients entering the country. It is used to prevent the spread of the virus and keep cases at an all-time low. The national ID segment, on the other hand, is likely to take off as a result of rising immigration numbers and the need for preventive measures to prevent criminals from entering borders. The use of multi-modal biometric authentication to improve security while also easily identifying faces can help drive the biometrics in government market share.
Top impacting factors
Increasing government spending on security enhancement is a critical factor driving the biometrics in government market growth, as is the increasing deployment of face recognition scanners, rising mandatory government regulations, rising modernized identification processes for voter equality, rising security concerns, rising strong demand from the government sector, and rising government initiatives to adopt biometrics. Furthermore, rising use of digital platforms for transactions, rising adoption of cloud-based services, and rising technological advancements and modernization will create new opportunities for the biometrics in government market size during the forecast period. High deployment costs, stored data security concerns, and unfeasible deployment at all border exits are among the major factors restraining the market growth while rising integration of biometrics-as-a-service into existing systems and rising network dependency to access biometrics-as-a-service offerings over the cloud will further challenge the biometrics in government market opportunity.
New product launches to flourish the market
Jenetric GmbH, a pioneer in digital fingerprinting signed a contract with the German Federal Police in April 2019 to implement the LIVETOUCH QUATTRO fingerprint scanner to control border entry and exit systems.
LIVETOUCH QUATTRO includes an integrated display that provides feedback prior to and during fingerprint capture, ensuring that any user, regardless of knowledge, language, or culture, can capture fingerprints quickly and accurately. Its small size allows for simple integration into various border police capture systems.
Rise in adoption of digital identification
Attributed to the rise of digital identification, smart device penetration, and the internet, multimodal biometric authentication is expected to grow in the coming years. Modern smartphones can connect to a government-identified network to log in to work and perform other tasks. The need to eliminate threats in crowded places can lead to the identification of infamous people in crowded places. Surveillance cameras can be used by governments to match images to a central database. Cloud-based biometric solutions are capable of handling large numbers of citizens' faces, identification numbers, and other vital information. Low capital investments in hardware, infrastructure, and applications may accelerate the trend in both developed and developing countries.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the biometrics in government market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the biometrics in government market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight biometrics in government industry scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed biometrics in government market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in biometrics in government market report research
- What are the leading market players active in the biometrics in government market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What are biometrics in government?
- What does biometrics in government allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make biometrics in government a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the biometrics in government market trends report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
Biometrics in Government Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
id3 Technologies, Jenetric GmbH, Gemalto NV, NEC Corporation, BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Innovatrics, IDEMIA, Aware Inc, HID Global Corporation