Bioprocessing is referred to any process that uses whole living cells or their components such as bacteria, enzymes, and chloroplasts to produce desired products. Bioprocessing is also essential in manufacturing sustainable biofuels such as ethanol and biodiesel, therapeutic stem cells, gene therapy vectors, and novel vaccinations. Filtration may be applied easily to a wide range of pharmaceutical requirements, and as a result of its adaptability, it is employed frequently in the industry. Depending on the type of solution, the pharmaceutical business requires different filtration processes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic scenario has practically affected every industry globally. The pre-commercial space is dominated by single-use bioprocessing technology. In response to the pandemic crisis, the majority of biopharmaceutical companies are rapidly developing vaccines. Adjustments made by bio/pharmaceutical industries in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic have increased. Bioprocessing, as well as related supplies and support operations, are on the rise. This includes a rapid increase in the crisis of infectious diseases, associated R&D, and production by governments and companies.
Top Impacting Factors
- The surge in demand for bio-based products in industries, such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food, nutraceuticals, and polymers, is the key factor that fuels the growth of the global bioprocess filtration market.
- The increase in rate of automation in various industrial processes has decreased the rate of human errors, further boosting the growth of the bioprocess filtration market.
- Additionally, the increase in demand for biopharmaceutical production, low manufacturing costs when compared with the artificial supply of the materials, and the advancements made in the infrastructure fuel the growth of the global bioprocess filtration market.
- Moreover, the rise in instances of chronic diseases leading to the need for biological treatment, the surge in number of joint ventures and acquisitions, and quick launches of new products are the significant trends driving the global bioprocess filtration market.
- Increase in R&D activities by pharmaceutical companies are expected to accelerate the global bioprocess filtration market growth.
- However, budget constraints for small & emerging players are anticipated to restrain the growth of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish Bioprocess Filtration Market
In September 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. launched 3,000 L and 5,000 L HyPerforma DynaDrive single-use bioreactors, which were first showcased at Biotech Week Boston. The strong demand for large-scale single-use systems has driven Thermo Fisher to launch bioreactors with capacities beyond the standard limits.
In May 2020, Univercells launched a bioprocess technology subsidiary, which offers a new generation of bio-manufacturing platforms that can solve the industry’s manufacturing challenges.
In November 2018, GE Healthcare manufactured single-use consumables for bioprocessing in Weihai, China, in collaboration with Wego Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., one of the largest healthcare technology suppliers in the country. This collaboration will decrease the product delivery time for Chinese biopharmaceutical companies, enhance customer support locally, and increase their access to a wide range of standard and custom single-use products, to help them bring therapeutics to patients faster.
According to BioPharm International, single-use bioprocessing infrastructure accounts for approximately 85% of pre-commercial bio-manufacturing. A wide range of modern technologies such as automation, big data, and machine learning are being developed with the increase in the demand for pharmaceutical products globally. Other reasons driving the global bioprocess filtration market include the growing importance of single-use items, the formation of ongoing bio-manufacturing, and enhancements in the healthcare industry.
Key Benefits of Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the bioprocess filtration along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the bioprocess filtration market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the bioprocess filtration market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed bioprocess filtration market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in Bioprocess Filtration Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the bioprocess filtration market?
- What current trends will influence the bioprocess filtration market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Bioprocess Filtration"?
- What is the prediction for the bioprocess filtration market in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends for the bioprocess filtration market?
- What are the key benefits of the market report?
Bioprocess Filtration Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Pall Corporation, Merck KGaA., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Lonza, Nordson Corporation, GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences AB, PBS Biotech, Inc.