Biotech Flavor Market Overview:
Biotech flavors are substances synthesized by biotechnological processes that can convert simple residues into more complex and aggregated value compounds, imparting a characteristic odor. These flavors are eco-friendly, inexpensive, and pure in terms of chirality. The production process is efficient and by-product free, which increase their popularity in the food & beverage industry.
The growth of the global biotech flavor market is driven by various associated advantages of biotech flavors such as nutritional benefits, increase in health awareness among consumers about the nutritional benefits of biotech flavors, and efficient production process. However, stringent regulations pertaining to the production of biotech flavors is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market in the near future. In addition, low shelf life of these flavors is expected to act as a major restraint of the global market. On the contrary, the use of microorganisms in the extraction process increases the concentration of the flavors; which is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market players during the forecast period. In addition, the emerging economies such as India, Australia, and China are expected to create opportunities for the market players.
The global biotech flavor market is segmented based on product, application, flavor, form, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into vanillin, lactone, ether, ester, aldehyde, and others (terpene, pyrazine, ketone, and others). The applications covered in the study include food & beverage (dairy, confectionery, bakery, and nutraceuticals), cosmetics, and detergents. Depending on flavor, the market is classified into fruity, sweet, savory, bitter, and others (vanilla, chocolate, and others). By form, it is fragmented into liquid, powder, and paste. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players included in this report are Kerry Group Plc, Frutarom Industries Ltd., Naturex Group, Takasago International Corp., Symrise AG, Bell Flavors and Fragrances, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Sensient Technologies Corp., Givaudan, and Firmenich S.A.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, future estimations, and dynamics of the global biotech flavor market for the period of 2017‐2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in each region have been mapped based on market share.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Biotech Flavor Market Key Segments:
- Others (Terpene, Pyrazine, Ketone, and Others)
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA