Blood screening refers to different tests carried out on blood samples for diagnosis of several diseases such as AIDS, hepatitis, syphilis, and other clinical conditions such as pregnancy. It helps to monitor diseases and prevent health issues and a variety of other conditions such as infections and cancer. Blood donor screening is the defense mechanism implemented against the spread of infection prior to blood donation.
The major factors that fuel the growth of the global blood screening market include increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, rise in number of blood donations, increase in awareness about healthcare, and surge in adoption of nucleic acid amplification test (NAT). Moreover, rise in healthcare initiatives by government, increase in healthcare expenditure, and technological advancements in blood screening technologies have fueled the market growth. However, factors such as stringent regulatory approvals, dearth of skilled manpower, and high operating costs impede the market growth. The introduction of pathogen reduction technology and microbiology screening & multiplexing are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the global blood screening market.
The global blood screening market is segmented on the basis of technology, product, end user, and geography. Based on technology, the market is categorized into nucleic acid testing (NAT), ELISA, rapid tests, western blot assay, and next-generation sequencing (NGS). By product, it is classified into reagents & kits, instruments, and software & services. According to end user, it is bifurcated into blood banks and hospitals. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Danaher Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Grifols, Siemens AG, and Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- the global blood screening market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
Global Blood Screening Market Key Segments:
- Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT)
- Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA)
- Real-time PCR
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Third Generation
- Fourth Generation and above
- Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
- Fluorescence Immunoassays (FIA)
- Colorimetric Immunoassay (CI).
- Rapid Tests
- Western Blot Assays
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Reagents & Kits
- Software & Services
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA