Brazed plate heat exchangers are made up of a set number of high-quality embossed steel plates that are permanently joined in a vacuum brazing process with either copper or nickel. They can withstand the highest operating pressures and temperatures because they are hermetically sealed without the use of gaskets. Brazed plate heat exchangers provide the best heat transfer performance while also being the most reliable and cost-effective. The soldering material is melted to form a seal between the plates. The brazing process hardens the steel plates, making them extremely durable and able to withstand high working pressures and temperatures. The spaces between the plates serve as flow channels, with one fluid flowing through odd-numbered channels and the other flowing through even-numbered channels. Heat exchange occurs through these designed plates over a large surface area with this arrangement, making brazed-plate-type heat exchangers an efficient choice for heat exchange. The brazed-plate-type heat exchangers allow mediums of varying temperatures to come close together, separated by channel plates that allow heat to be transferred from one medium to the other with high efficiency. Brazed-plate heat exchangers are an excellent choice for use in heat transfer applications due to their low operating costs and high performance.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
BPHEs are made by applying pressure to a series of thin, corrugated stainless steel sheets and brazing the pressed steel with copper or nickel. The soldering material is melted to form a seal between the plates.
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Product, Application, End Use, and Region
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA
ALFA LAVAL, Kelvion Holding GmbH, SWEP International AB, Danfoss A/S, Xylem, API Heat Transfer, Chart Industries, Hisaka Works Ltd., Kaori Heat Treatment Co. Ltd., Paul Mueller Company, Baode Heat Exchanger Co Ltd., Barriquand Group, Boyd Corporation., Diversified Heat Transfer Inc., FUNKE HEAT EXCHANGER APPARATEBAU GmbH
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The COVID-19 outbreak has had a significant impact on a variety of industries worldwide. Tough government measures, such as the shutdown of major economies, have halted most industries. Revenue for brazed plate heat exchangers fell in 2020 before gradually increasing beginning in 2021.
- As there were financial problems all over the world, the brazed plate heat exchangers market had a negative impact in the pandemic. The demand from the production industries were dropped down due to safety measures implemented by the government resulting in decrease in the growth rate of the industries.
- The supply chain of the product was disrupted as government had restricted the movement of non-essential goods. The imports and exports in various countries were halted and thus the market suffered a heavy blow.
Top Impacting factors
The increasing number of construction activities globally, rising demand for the product due to its compactness, high efficiency, flexibility, and other benefits, and increasing usages of the product in-floor heating, economizers, condensers, oil coolers, super-coolers, and other industrial applications are the major and vital factors driving the brazed plate heat exchangers market growth. Furthermore, brazed plate heat exchangers are small exchangers used to transfer heat between two fluids without the fluids mixing. They are suitable for both heating and cooling. Industries use cooling functions more than heating functions to avoid overheating of volatile substances, which can damage equipment. The growing number of technological developments, as well as increased R&D activities and rapid industrialization around the world, create numerous opportunities for the brazed plate heat exchangers market to grow during the forecast period. The non-movable nature of the product is expected to hamper the growth of the brazed plate heat exchangers market during the forecast period.
- New product launch
- SWEP International A.D. added a new pressure class model, B427-Y, to its brazed plate heat exchange portfolio in October 2019. This new model is intended for customers who do not require a high-pressure-resistant product, as do other brazed plate heat exchange products. This new development will allow the company to better serve its customers' needs.
- Refrigerators and air conditioners use brazed plate exchangers. Because of their smaller footprint, brazed plate heat exchangers have been adopted by HVAC product manufacturers due to technological advancements and rising demand for smaller products, thereby increasing product demand. Furthermore, brazed plate heat exchangers are less expensive because they use less energy and require less maintenance.
- Companies are focusing on maximizing business growth by implementing various strategies to establish a benchmark. Many companies are heavily investing in R&D in order to continue bringing new products to the global market. Investing in R&D improves the ability to offer differentiated products that meet the needs of the consumer.
- Danfoss acquired Sondex Holding A/S (Denmark), a global manufacturer of heat transfer products, in July 2016. This acquisition aided the company in improving its product offering and fortifying its position in the BPHEs market.
Key Segments Covered
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the brazed plate heat exchangers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the brazed plate heat exchangers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the brazed plate heat exchangers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed brazed plate heat exchangers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Chart Industries, Paul Mueller Company, Barriquand Group, Xylem, SWEP International AB, Kelvion Holding GmbH, Hisaka Works Ltd., FUNKE HEAT EXCHANGER APPARATEBAU GmbH, Baode Heat Exchanger Co Ltd, Boyd Corporation, Kaori Heat Treatment Co. Ltd, ALFA LAVAL, API Heat Transfer, , Diversified Heat Transfer Inc, Danfoss A/S