Cardiovascular ultrasound is a noninvasive medical procedure used to diagnose functioning of heart with the help of high-frequency reflected sound. In the procedure, a transducer (such as a microphone) is used to direct out ultrasonic sound waves at a high inaudible frequency. When the transducer is positioned on the chest at specific locations and angles, the ultrasonic sound waves penetrate through the skin and other body tissues to the heart tissues, and get reflected by the heart structures. These sound waves are then subsequently directed to a computer, creating moving images of the heart walls and valves.
The major factors that drive the growth of the cardiovascular ultrasound market are technological advancements, advantages of echocardiography over invasive cardiac diagnostic procedures, and increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). In addition, this technology is widely accepted among patients as it is noninvasive, hence shortens the stay at hospitals, which fuels the market growth. However, factors such as economic influence of approving new technologies and insufficient reimbursement scenario impede the growth of the market. Technological advancements leading in cardiac specific technologies such as tissue enhancements, lateral gain control, advanced dynamic flow, tissue Doppler, and stress echo provide lucrative opportunities for the manufacturers.
The global cardiovascular ultrasound market is segmented on the basis of test type, technology, device display, end user, and region. Based on test type, the market is categorized into stress echocardiogram, transthoracic echocardiogram, fetal & intracardiac echocardiogram, and transesophageal echocardiogram. By technology, it is divided into 2D, 3D & 4D, and Doppler imaging. In terms of display, it is bifurcated into color display and black & white (B/W) display. According to end user, it is classified into cardiology centers, hospitals, home care, ambulatory, and others (research institutes, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., TOSHIBA CORPORATION, Hitachi Ltd., SAMSUNG, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Esaote SpA, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Siemens AG, and Analogic Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the cardiovascular ultrasound market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market by devices type assists to understand the availability of various forms of devices used in cardiovascular ultrasound market.
Cardiovascular Ultrasound Market Key Segments:
By Test Type
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Other Echocardiograms (Fetal and Intracardiac Echocardiograms)
By Device Display
- Color Display
- Black & White (B/W) Display
By End User
- Cardiology Centers
- Home Care
- Ambulatory Centers
- Others (Research Institutes, Medical Device, and Pharmaceutical Companies)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA