Cayenne pepper also known as Capsicum annuum is a chili powder used to flavor dishes. Cayenne pepper is a group of tapering, usually skinny, and mainly red colored peppers and is finely ground powder prepared from the pods and seeds of different types of Chili. Majority of the modern cayenne peppers are yellow, purple, and red in color. Cayenne is mainly used in spicy dishes either as powder or in whole form. It is also been used as herbal supplement.
Cayenne pepper adds piquancy to casseroles, cheese and sauces, especially barbecue, shellfish, and cheese sauces. It can is also used in processing of biscuits cheese straws, pickles, marinades, and smoked foods. It has also been used as medicine for centuries to cure various health conditions such as weak digestion, chronic pain, headache, sand toothache, poor blood circulation, and sore throats. Cayenne pepper also possess beneficial effects on cardiovascular system. It reduces the risk of developing arteriosclerosis by lowering blood cholesterol & triglyceride levels. It is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, vitamin A, manganese, potassium, and riboflavin.
There is an increase in preference for international cuisine and thus the food items are available at ease for the consumers. This increase in availability in major economics is proving to be a key driving factor leading to the growth of herb and spices markets. There has been rise in focus and investments in food & beverages industry, to develop new aromas and flavors using herbs and spices extracts mainly for confectionery segments and convenience foods. Leading stakeholders in the engaged industry are expanding their businesses in flavor industry, which is expected to fuel the growth of the cayenne pepper market. Benefits of spices on mind & body, and also increased demand for international cuisine has increased consumption of cayenne in developed and developing countries.
Cayenne pepper is grown largely in East Africa, India, U.S., and Mexico and most sub-tropical & tropical regions. The cayenne pepper market is segmented into type, nature, distribution channel, and region. Based on type, the market is classified into whole and powder. Based on nature, it is divided into organic and conventional. Based on distribution channel, it is categorized into direct and indirect sales channels. Based on region, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Major players operating in cayenne pepper market are Reckitt Benckiser, Inc., Morton Bassett Inc., La Flor Products Co Inc, Tropical Valley Foods Sa, Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Haddon House Food Products Inc, Gel Spice Company Inc, McCormick & Company, and Foods & Ingredients LLC
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global cayenne pepper market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Cayenne Pepper Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
RECKITT BENCKISER, INC., HADDON HOUSE FOOD PRODUCTS INC, LA FLOR PRODUCTS CO INC, MCCORMICK AND COMPANY, FOODS AND INGREDIENTS LLC, TROPICAL VALLEY FOODS SA, GEL SPICE COMPANY INC, MORTON BASSETT INC., DOLLAR TREE STORES, INC., FRONTIER NATURAL PRODUCTS CO-OP