A central venous catheter is also known as central line catheter, which has a long, thin, flexible tube that is placed in a large vein near the heart. The catheter reaches the large vein through the internal jugular vein, subclavian vein, or femoral vein to administer medicines, fluids, nutrients, blood, and blood products. In addition, these catheters are used to measure Central Venous Pressure (CVP), hemodialysis, and chemotherapy over a long period of time.
Factors such as increase in the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease, myocardial infraction, and cardiomyopathy, increasing awareness about advanced technologies, and rise in geriatric population are expected to drive the market growth. In addition, growth in the demand for antimicrobial catheters fuels the market growth. However, high costs of products are expected to restrain the market in emerging regions such as Africa, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. R&D in the field of surgical equipment is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The central venous catheter market is segmented on the basis of product, property, design, composition, end-user, and region. By product the market is segmented into tunneled catheters and non-tunneled catheters. By property the market is bifurcated into antimicrobial catheters and non-antimicrobial catheters. By design the market is categorized into single lumen, double lumen, and multiple lumen. By composition the market is divided into polyurethane, polycarbonate, and silicon. By end-user the market is categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the central venous catheter market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments determines various products available in the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to predict the competitive market outlook.
Central Venous Catheter Market Key Segments:
- Tunnelled Catheters
- Non-Tunnelled Catheters
- Antimicrobial Catheters
- Non-Antimicrobial Catheters
- Single Lumen
- Double Lumen
- Multiple Lumen
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- C.R. Bard
- Teleflex Incorporated
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Comed B.V.
- Medtronic Plc.
- Smiths Medical
- Vygon Ltd.
- Cook Medical