Charcoal is burnt organic matter that is residual of burnt coconut shell, bamboo, wood, saw-dust or peat and becomes activated charcoal when it reaches a high temperature and infuses with certain gases. Charcoal-infused food is growing demand as it helps in removing harmful substance and toxins from food with attractive color that it provides. Activated charcoal being positively charged absorbs the harmful substance in food due to the negatively charged toxins and chemicals present in food. In addition, coconut ash ice cream, black pizza crusts, detoxifying lemonades, and cocktails made using activated charcoal which have health benefits are introduced in the global food market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The food industry being hit hard by pandemic and all the restaurants being closed the charcoal-infused food market has seen decline in sales.
- The market is expected to grow once the relaxation on lockdown rules will be applicable and hotels & restaurants will open.
Top Impacting Factors: market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Surge in application in use of activated charcoal in food and dietary supplements has increased due to the medicinal properties of activated charcoal along with changes in lifestyle of consumers and awareness about detoxifying food products before consumption. Moreover, charcoal in food helps in removal of bad taste & odor, supports long term color stability and makes the food safer for consumption by removing bacteria, viruses, and other harmful chemical components driving the growth of the charcoal infused food market. In addition, charcoal is used in manufacturing alcoholic beverages to clean the ingredients and for decolorization of the beverage, prevention of turbidity during ageing and to remove congeners affecting the taste or odor of alcoholic beverage. However varying rules and laws by government regarding the use of activated charcoal in food is the major constraint of charcoal infused food market.
Contrarily, investments in automation, launches of new and advanced products, requirement for controlling temperature in food safety management, and trend of wearable devices present new pathways in the industry.
The global charcoal-infused food market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
The leading market players have launched new charcoal infused food with better capabilities and which are effective toward reduction in food poisoning and gastric problems with consumption of fast food and dairy based desserts. Morgenstern's a New York based ice cream parlor has launched many charcoals ice cream ranging from Coconut Ash-Charcoal Ice Cream and other flavors like burnt honey-vanilla and green tea pistachio.
Surge in usage by restaurants and Ice cream Parlors
There has been a surge in restaurants using activated charcoal for charcoal infused food that are healthy for the body and foods easy to digest without blotting and harming the stomach. The major increase has been seen dessert preparation like ice cream and beverage-based drinks. Most of the companies like Chocolate Pi has launched charcoal cappuccino and Loco Coco has come up with Coconut-Charcoal Smoothie Bowl, which can be easily consumed without much stomach and gastric problems.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global charcoal-infused food industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global charcoal-infused food market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global charcoal-infused food market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global charcoal-infused food market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Charcoal-infused Food Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the charcoal-infused food market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Charcoal-Infused Food Market Report Highlights
By Ingredient of Activated Charcoal
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
The Nolen, Modern Indian Massive Restaurants Pvt. Ltd., Chocolate Pi, Morgenstern's, The Loop, Macaroon, The Good Sort, McDonald, Burger King, IHALO KRUNCH INC, Ritzcarlton, Ashley Sue's Baked Goods