The flour prepared from whole dried chickpeas is known as chickpea flour. It is cultivated in tropical and subtropical climates. Chickpeas are classified as pulses and are recognized for being cholesterol-free, high in protein, and high in fiber. Chickpea flour is a popular ingredient in Indian cuisine, and it's extensively used in baking and cooking. It's also high in vitamins and minerals, so it'll help you get more manganese and folate in your diet. Chickpea's rising popularity can be due to its excellent nutritional content. Chickpea flour has become a useful component for the food processing industry due to its healthy amino acid balance, high amounts of complex carbohydrates, low levels of anti-nutritional agents, and high bioavailability of proteins. Furthermore, chickpea flour assists in the prevention of many health issues such as coronary heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and cancer, resulting in increased consumption.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for chickpeas flour has fallen as customers were busing accumulating the essentials that were required to survive the situation. The government had enforced lockdown and restrictions for outdoor movement which had hampered the process and production of chickpea flour therefore, the stocks were primarily unavailable for the consumers.
- Protein is an important supplement that helped an individual in post-recovery from COVID infection and in general, it helps the individual in healing and recovery. Even though chickpeas are high in protein, many people avoid eating them since they take a long time to digest and might cause gastrointestinal problems.
Top Impacting Factors
- Chickpea flour is expected to expand at a fast rate, during the forecasted period. Chickpea consumption has grown in popularity as people become more aware of its health benefits. Chickpea flour helps to reduce inflammation and boost immunity. It can also help to control blood sugar levels and avoid diabetes. Chickpeas have a high fiber content, which helps to decrease cholesterol, regulate blood pressure, and protect against heart disease. The increased demand for chickpea flour is mostly due to rising consumer health consciousness.
- Chickpeas have also developed as a low-cost feed addition because of the high cost and restricted availability of higher protein sources like soybean. Other factors driving market development include population increase, rising disposable incomes, and changing eating trends. Furthermore, expanding the use of chickpea flour in the bakery, snack, and savory sectors is projected to boost the chickpea flour market's revenue substantially. Chickpea flour manufacturers are eager to provide new product innovations to attract a huge client base.
Increased consumer awareness of gluten-free bakery items is expected to boost demand for chickpea flour
The increasing knowledge of the health advantages of chickpea flour, along with the expanding health and wellness trend, is the main growth feature of the chickpea flour market. Chickpea flour reduces cholesterol, blood pressure, protects against cardiovascular disease, and keeps the blood sugar levels in check, reducing the risk of diabetes. Chickpeas are also used to make textured protein, which is widely used as a meat alternative for vegetarians. As a consequence of the growing popularity of veganism and vegetarianism among the general population, the business is increasing. The rising need for gluten- and grain-free flour, which has fueled demand for chickpea flour, is propelling the industry even higher.
Government Regulations and a Lack of Awareness hinder the market growth
Constipation and other digestive system disorders are caused by a lack of sufficient dietary fiber in chickpea flour products. Lack of awareness of the need for chickpea flours in developing countries, and the high cost of gluten-free flours in comparison to wheat flours may hinder market growth soon. The absence of infrastructure and technological resources in emerging nations with more strict laws is further impeding market development.
Online retailing is gaining popularity
The major manufacturers of chickpea and chickpea products from all around the world are selling their products through an online platform. Manufacturing companies offer heavy discounts on sales of a product, making it a profit-making deal for the buyers. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the business had partially shifted from traditional to online. Currently, the manufacturing companies are creating their website for sales or coming into partnership with e-commerce giants to sell their products. It is expected that in future, all the big players of the chickpeas flour industry will shift their services online to boost their sales and reach more customers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the chickpea flour industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the chickpea flour market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the chickpea flour market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed chickpea flour market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Chickpea Flour Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the chickpea flour market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Chickpeas Flour Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Diefenbaker Seed Processors Ltd.,, Best Cooking Pulses, Inc.,, Jain group of Companies.,, Adani Wilmar Limited.,, JOVA Graneros,, AGT Food & Ingredients.,, R Young Seeds, Inc., Cargill Foods India Limited.,, Indraprasth foods Ltd.,, S.A. de C.V.,, Ingredion Incorporated.,