Alcoholic beverages made from juice of apples are known as cider. Adding sugar or fruit to previously fermented juice increases the alcoholic content of the beverage. The alcohol content in cider varies from 1.2% ABV to 12%.
The global cider market has witnessed significant growth due to increase in consumption of cider and rise in preference of cider over mash-up & hybrid flavors among younger generation. In addition, surge in demand for organic & natural beverages and growth in concern over the use of synthetic ingredients in ready-to-drink beverages supplement the market growth. However, health issues such as mineral loss, bone density loss, increased risk of gastroparesis, and oral issues associated with the consumption of cider hamper the market growth.
The global cider market is segmented based on product, distribution channel, packaging, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is bifurcated into apple flavored cider and other fruit flavored cider. By distribution channel, it is categorized into supermarkets & hypermarkets, on-trade, specialist retailers, and convenience stores. Glass, metal and others are different types of packaging used in the market. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Aston Manor Brewery
- C&C Group Plc.
- Carlsberg A/S
- Distell Group
- Halewood International Holdings Plc.
- Heineken UK Ltd.
- SABMiller Plc
- Carlton & United Breweries Limited
- The Boston Beer Company Inc.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise cider market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the cider market is provided to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Cider Market Key Segments:
- Apple Flavored Cider
- Other Fruit Flavored Cider
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarket & Hypermarket
- Specialist Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA