Citrus is a genus of flowering plants, shrubs, and trees of family Rutaceae, which produce citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, limes, grapefruit, pomelos, and several other varieties found in different parts of the world. The citrus fruits are used for the culinary, non-culinary purpose and commercial production of citrus-based products. They are mainly used by food & beverage, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and consumer goods industries for processing various products.The citrus powder is extracted from the citrus fruit; mainly orange and lemon are used for processing powder. The process for manufacturing citrus powder involves peeling, cutting, extraction, filtration, drying, and grinding of the citrus juice. The citrus powder consists of antioxidants,phenolic compounds, flavonoids, essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and others which have been proven effective for controlling health conditions such as blood cholesterol, cancer, cardiovascular, obesity, blood sugar level, and others.
- The lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic has initially caused the shutdown of many manufacturing units in various countries. The shortage of manpower has caused stagnation in production and has affected the revenues of companies.
- The supply chain has been disrupted because the distribution channels such as supermarkets and retail stores have to be closed to prevent the mass gathering thus the sales have gone down and also a shortage of products has occurred in the supermarkets.
- The manufacturing companies faced a shortage of raw material as the supply chain of raw material was interrupted due to decreased mobility.
- Citrus powder market is anticipated to grow in the post COVID-19 scenario due to the change in the buying behavior of customers and more inclination towards healthy products.
Top Impacting Factors:Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Citrus fruits are usually utilized in the food and beverage sectors for products such as lemonade, jam, marmalade, juice and drinks, and citrus powder. The citrus powder is further used for residential as well as commercial purposes such asbakery and confectionery use the citrus powder in sweets, candies, and other products for providing flavor. The surge in innovation and technology, investment in research, enhanced shelf life of citrus powder, increase in health consciousness, improvement of nutritional properties of the product, availability of the variants, widening commercial use such as cosmetic and skincare products, reduction of waste product, the sustainability of the product and potential health benefits of the product, drive the growth of the citrus powder market. However, availability of the alternative products, increased competition in the market, traditional means of the processing of products at household, seasonal availability of citrus fruits, and varying prices of the raw material hinder the market growth. Whereas, expansion of product line, investment in new technology, partnership with the suppliers, introduction of new flavor variants, improvement of quality, and implementation of good manufacturing practices present new pathways in the industry.
The global citrus powder trends are as follows:
Enhancement of citrus powder
Citrus powder is the powdered product of citrus fruit, which has natural properties and organic composition. The inclination of consumers toward natural products instead of artificial agents for flavor and essence has created opportunities for the citrus powder market. The use of citrus powder is not only limited to food and beverages but has been popular in cosmetics, skincare, soap, medicines, and other personal care products. Oranges are the most likable and used fruit for producing powder due to its tangy flavor and have been produced at large scale by manufacturing companies but lately, the other varieties like lemon, grapefruit, and tangerine are also gaining popularity. The investment in research and technology have shown the healthy aspects of dried products such as the dry lemon phenolic compounds can be beneficial if used as a diet supplement and also have an enhanced shelf life. The key player such as Blue Grass launched the citrus powder for commercial use and bulk supply to major brands and food distributors. Another key player Kanegrade, have been inclined towards improving the shelf life, stability, particle size, organic accreditation, acidity level, extraction process and dietary consideration of the products and supply the products to leading brands such as PepsiCo, GSK, General Mills, Nestle, Coca-Cola, and Kerry Foods.
Various startups are also developing in the citrus powder market and leading to new product development. Earlier citrus peels and seeds were considered as a waste product, but the developing R&D has presented beneficial properties in peels and seeds and they are being used for producing by-products as well as used in existing products.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global citrus powder market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global citrus powder market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global citrus powder market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global citrus powder market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Citrus Powder Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the citrus powder market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Citrus Powder Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Nutra Green Biotechnology Co., Bluegrass Dairy & Food Inc., Allen Flavors Inc., Kanegrade Limited, Givaudan, Mountain Rose Herbs Inc., Ideal Food Ingredients Ltd., Cham Foods (Israel) Ltd., Lemon Concentrate S.L, Cifal Herbal Private Ltd., Paradiesfrucht GmbH