Clean label starch is a white colored odorless substance which is free from any synthetic agents or chemicals. Rice starch, potato starch, and tapioca starch come under the category of clean starch. Clean label starch is process tolerant in nature which makes it suitable for varied temperature, acidity as well as for harsh and shear processing conditions. These starches are used in applications like salad dressing, instant soups and gravies, and pastry fillings. The market of clean label starch has developed a lot in recent years and is expected to grow tremendously during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The closure of factories due to COVID-19 led to the decline in the extraction and packaging of the clean label starch in the industries. This not only affected the scale of production but also the growth of these industries.
- The online platforms, shops, and retail stores were shut due to lockdown observed worldwide. This also affected the trade of these products which in turn hampered the sales of clean label starch in various countries around the world.
- The sale of the clean label starch is expected to boost after worldwide release of the lockdown situation due to COVID-19.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Shift in consumer’s taste and preference for organic & natural food products. In addition, increase in popularity of ready-to-go food products and rise in disposable income of populations in emerging economies are among some major factors that drive the market of clean label starch.
Growth in the end use vertical industries such as paper and food boost the growth of the clean label starch in the market.
Furthermore, rise in awareness regarding benefits from consumption of clean label starch, willingness of people to spend on premium products, and increase in concern for health & lifestyle are some of the other prominent factors that contribute toward the growth of the market.
However, low costs of conventional starch products in comparison to clean label starch may hamper the growth of the market to an extent.
The global clean label starch market trends are as follows:
Initiatives by Major Players
Key players of this market are collaborating with other players to enhance the product offerings and expand their geographical presence. They are also spreading awareness regarding health benefits of clear label products. Major players are also getting into research and development activities to cut down the cost of production.
North America as a market is expected to dominate the clean label starch market owing to the consumer’s growing preference toward natural products. Asia-Pacific is also coming up as an emerging market due to higher consumption rate of the bakery and dairy product within the region.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global clean label starch industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global clean label starch market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global clean label starch market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global clean label starch market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Clean Label Starch Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the clean label starch market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Clean Label Starch Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Gulshan, Euroduna Food Ingredients GmbH, Ingredion Inc., Tate & Lyle PLC, Thai Flour, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Manildra Group, Polyols, BENEO GmbH, Roquette Frères S.A., Cargill Inc., MGP Ingredients Inc.