Cough is a reflex action that clears the throat from fluids, irritants, foreign particles, and microbes. It is majorly caused by virus or bacteria, smoking, asthma, and other factors. Cough drops and suppressants are majorly given to the patient to cure cough. Sometimes, the patient is also advised to drink plenty of water, as a measure for cough remedy.
Increase in geriatric population, who are more prone to cough and cold, rise in vehicle pollution, high demand of over-the-counter products, development in R&D activities, and growth in awareness about advanced medicines drive the market. However, stringent government regulations and side effects associated with it restrain the market growth. More number of cough cases, development of advanced products, such as use of effective treatments (inhaled corticosteroids for asthma-related cough) make way for lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The cough remedies market is segmented on the basis of type, dosage form, distribution network, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into antihistamines, expectorants, bronchodilators, decongestants, antibiotics, and others. On the basis of dosage form, the market is categorized into oral syrups, tablets/pills, nasal drops, lozenges, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, and e-commerce/online pharmacies. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Johnson & Johnson, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Bayer AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc., AstraZeneca, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG, Prestige Brands, Inc., and Procter & Gamble.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Cough Remedies Market Key Segments:
By Dosage Form
- Oral Syrups
- Nasal Drops
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- e-Commerce/Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA