Couscous is a typical North African dish prepared from durum wheat semolina granules that have been crushed and cooked. It is a good source of plant-based proteins and aids in immune system support.
Couscous is commonly consumed in Algeria due to its simple and traditional recipes, as well as its adaptability in terms of being cooked as a main course dish by combining vegetable sauces and various meat sources, or as a dessert or salad, among other things. Morocco is a large exporter of couscous and one of the most important markets for the commodity. The rise of the couscous sector in Morocco has also been encouraged by increased globalization of tastes.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The covid 19 pandemic has changed the market landscape. The market ecosystem has changed the way supply is accessed on the market. The outbreak (COVID-19), as a result of trade limitations and a decrease in consumption as a result of lockdowns by governments globally, has played a massive role in the grain products market in 2020.
- Due to the outbreak of Coronavirus disease Food and Beverages producers depend on domestic and international suppliers for supply of raw materials. Since many governments restricted the movement of goods across the countries and locally, the production of raw materials had to stop.
- During the forecast period, growing demand for local, sustainable and organic food production should have a positive effect on the food market. Production of organic foods focuses on consumer health and environmental welfare.
Top Impacting Factors
- As durum wheat flour is considered whole grain flour, the increased number of people choosing for whole-grain flour will drive sales of 100 percent durum wheat semolina over the predicted period.
- Individuals' health worries will also boost sales of the 100 percent durum wheat semolina, which is high in fibers, carbs, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- Due to its low-calorie value and high protein/fiber content, couscous consumption has increased in recent years as consumer health perceptions of rising obesity rates have grown.
- Furthermore, the increased demand for ready-to-eat food products, combined with the widespread availability of traditional, canned, frozen, and microwaveable couscous variants in Moroccan retail outlets, has fueled market expansion.
- The introduction of flavored and organic couscous products, which represent the changing requirements and preferences of the Moroccan population, is expected to further catalyze regional market growth.
Organic Couscous Products are in High Demand
There is currently a trend for flavored organic couscous products to be introduced. The organic couscous is made with organic cereals as a major component of the basic materials. Organic raw materials are grown without the use of insecticides or pesticides in a controlled environment. Because organic cereal consumption is steadily increasing year after year, there has been a surge in demand for organic couscous in recent years. Furthermore, growing knowledge of the benefits of organic couscous products to one's health has a beneficial impact on organic couscous products' ability to scale up demand in the global market.
Launch of Premium and Healthy Product Offerings
Moroccan couscous is predicted to have the biggest market share across product types, accounting for 65 percent of the entire market. Moroccan couscous is also a cereal-based product made from durum wheat or a range of other grains like corn, pearl millet, soft-wheat semolina, and rice flour. Morocco's couscous consumption is growing as a result of rising customer choice for healthier foods and rising obesity rates. Growing demand for ready-to-eat food goods, as well as widespread availability of canned, traditional, frozen, and microwavable couscous variants across Moroccan retail channels, all contribute to sector growth. In addition, many promotional actions are being done for the Moroccan people in order to enhance the product line and boost the Moroccan couscous segment's growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Couscous Market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Couscous Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Couscous Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Couscous Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Couscous Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Couscous Market” prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Couscous Market"?
Couscous Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Raw Material
Key Market Players
PANZANI, Wuzhi County Wenli Food Factory, Bakemark USA LLC, Changzhi Changjian Foodgrain & Cooking Oil Food Factory, Dawn Food Products, Inc Ltd., Lichuan Jiannan Jinba Flour Business Co., Ltd., Bridgford Foods Corporation, Luoyang Yongsheng Refined Food Co., Grupo La Moderna