Maltitol is a polyol, white crystalline powder used as a sugar substitute, which contains 7590% of the sweetness of sucrose with nearly identical properties. It is closest to sucrose in molecular weight, solubility, low cooling effect, and functionality. It is disaccharide produced by using hydrogenation of maltose obtained from starch.
It is also a great humectant and can function as crystallization inhibitor, cryprotectant, freeze point depressant, and plasticizer.
These are also known as sugar replacer, bulk sweeteners, or sugar-free sweeteners. It is utilized in commercial products under the names maltisweet, sweetpearl, and lesys. It is widely used in baked goods, beverages, cake mixes, chocolate, cream centers, fondants, frozen desserts, frozen sausage, gum, icings, jams and jellies, mints, soft confections, and surimi. It is also used in pharmaceutical applications for syrups in combination with other excipient to get sugar free medicines.
Crystalline maltitol is cost-effective alternative to intense sweetener with excellent taste profile, high stability, low hygroscopicity, and excellent solubility. It is about 90% as sweet as sucrose, which helps formulate both reduced calories and light foods. The crystalline maltitol possess certain health benefits such as these are tooth friendly, lower calories & slow energy release, and low glycaemic index.
Thus, it is widely adopted in food applications, which drives the global crystalline maltitol market. The excessive consumption of crystalline maltitol can cause laxative effect, which hinders the growth of the global market. Further, increased acceptance of crystalline maltitol in diet of diabetics is expected to provide substantial growth opportunity to the global market.
The global crystalline maltitol market is segmented based on product type, application, and geography. On the basis of product type, it is categorized as 10mesh, 30 mesh, and others. On the basis of application, it is divided into food products and pharmaceutical. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major market players are as follows:
- Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech
- Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-Tech
- Shandong Lujian Biological Technology
- SPI Polyols, Inc.
- Towa Chemical Industry Co. LTD.
- Nutra Food Ingredients
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global crystalline maltitol market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Crystalline Maltitol Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- 10 Mesh
- 30 Mesh
- Food Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry include the following:
- Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-Tech Co., Ltd.
- Tereos Syral
- Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-Tech Co. Ltd.
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest.