Digital mapping is a process of collection and compilation of data to form a virtual image. The compiled data is used to produce maps that exactly represent a particular geographical area or feature, including major rivers, roads, and important landmarks such as hospitals, airports, and others. Digital mapping technology is also used to calculate the distance between different locations.
Increase in usage of 3D platforms and advanced technologies to survey and develop digital maps drives the global digital map market. However, rise in adoption of free crowdsourcing digital maps, stringent regulations, and legal challenges restrict this growth. Surge in adoption of real-time digital maps offers a major opportunity for market development.
The global digital map market is segmented on the basis of usage, application, and region. Based on usage, it is bifurcated into indoor and outdoor. The application segment includes computer applications, scientific applications, and GPS navigation systems. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in this market are Alibaba.com, Apple Inc., Google, HERE, Micello, Inc., TomTom International BV., Baidu, IGN, MiTAC International Corporation, and ARC Aerial Imaging Limited.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global digital map market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Digital Map Market Key Segments:
- Computer Applications
- Scientific Applications
- GPS Navigation Systems
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Apple Inc.
- Micello, Inc.
- TomTom International BV.
- MiTAC International Corporation
- ARC Aerial Imaging Limited