Direct Carrier Billing Platform Market Outlook – 2026
Direct carrier billing is a billing method in which bills of purchased services are paid through mobile payments. Direct carrier billing is also called as direct operator billing. For paying bill, smartphone should have prerequisites required toward both service buyer and provider. In direct carrier billing, user can make payment for the services through smartphones without entering credit card or debit card details. This platform can work on any computer, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, and smart TV. In direct transaction billing process, transactions are entirely secured and does not require any personal or banking information. Consumer pay bill of product/services without including any additional transaction cost. Direct carrier billing platform connect merchant with billing, identity, and sale system of mobile network operators.
There are two possible payment flows in the direct carrier billing namely header enrichment flow and one-time password flow. In the header enrichment flow user’s phone number is detected automatically. The user’s phone number is passed along with the mobile operator through Hyper Text Transfer Protocol header (HTTP). In the one-time password flow customer essentially requires entering mobile number across the payment window, after inserting mobile number server sends text message with an OTP code then server authenticates user identity and process billing payment. Direct carrier billing platform provides most convenient form of mobile payments. It is simplified payment method that provides several advantages such as convenience of faster checkout, low revenue leakage, easily accessible to customer care, and secure payments.
Increases online purchasing power of digital products and services boost the growth of the direct carrier billing platform. Furthermore, increased use of direct carrier billing payment method in the gaming application drives the market growth. In addition, direct carrier billing significantly reduces transaction time of consumers and provide more secure facility, which in turn fuels market growth. In addition, emerging opportunities of direct carrier billing platform provide secure and simple mobile payment option to customers, boosting the market growth. However, internet connectivity and lack of awareness associated with direct carrier billing platform restricts the growth of the market.
The direct carrier billing platform market is segmented based on type, participants, and region. Based on product type, the market is divided into Apps & Games, video content, and others. By participants, it is categorized into content creators, merchants, carrier networks, and platform providers. Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major key players operating in the direct carrier billing platform market include Singapore Telecommunication Limited, Swisson AG, NTT DoCoMo, Bango Plc, Telenor ASA, Digital Turbine Inc., Oracle Corp., Boku Inc., and T- mobile US. The other players in the value chain analysis (not included in this report) are Fortumo, Buongiorno, Zong, Text2pay, and TextNation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current direct carrier billing platform market share and forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- An in-depth direct carrier billing platform market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global direct carrier billing platform market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise direct carrier billing platform market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current direct carrier billing platform market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- The key market players within the direct carrier billing platform market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global direct carrier billing platform market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Apps & Games
- Video Content
- Content Creators
- Carrier Networks
- Platform Providers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA