The global dog food market is experiencing a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Dog food is specially prepared and intended for consumption by dogs. Increase in pet ownership and dogs being the most preferred pet animal are driving the demand for dog food, globally. Dog food comes in different varieties such as dried food, wet food, and canned food,and this serves multiple requirements of customers. Increase in urbanization, rise in disposable income, and surge in awareness regarding a healthy diet for pets boost the growth of the global dog food market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Production shutdown scenario
The manufacturing and processing operations of dog food has temporarily been ceased, owing to the outbreak of COVID-19. This has resulted in declined stock of finished product in the market.
Disruptions in supply chain
The supply chains of raw materials and distribution channels for dog foods have been abruptly disrupted due to lack of active transportation and export of materials. This has led to decline inthe market revenue.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Pet owners are becoming more conscious about the health of their pets, which gives rise to the demand for healthy and nutritious dog food. The dog food market is witnessing increase in demand for premium dog food, as result of a substantial rise in pet expenditure. Leading market players have been segmenting their product in different slabs and ranges so that the market is able to serve customers with varying requirements. Distinct varieties of dog foods disbursed through diverse distribution channels is anticipated to supplement the growth of the industry in the next few years.
The global dog food market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
Dog foods have been high in demand ever since the culture of owning dogs as pets emerged. The market has witnessed an upsurge in demand for dog food, which is directly proportional to the growing trend of breeding dogs.
The launch of dog food emerged as an all new market categorized and customized for dogs and their diets. The dog food market comprises dried dog food, wet dog food, canned food, and dog treats. These are rich in nutritional content such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Continuous improvements in the quality and suitability of dog food maintain customer retention, thereby augmenting the market growth.
Distribution channel as sales stimulator
Distribution channel in any market plays a significant role, thus, leading market players emphasize on established deeper and stronger distribution channels that enable not just market penetration but assists the product in capturing the market thoroughly.
For this, various offline and online stores have been established. From supermarkets to hypermarkets and convenience stores, major market players ensure the availability of their products in multiple locations. Specialty shops are specifically delivering dog food and related material, whereas the online web stores give customers an access to a wide range of options available from different manufacturers. This provides the customer base freedom of choice at their convenience, which is anticipated to contribute toward the growth of the global market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global dog food industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global dog food market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global dog food market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global dog food market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global dog food market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Dog food Market Report Highlights
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Diamond Pet Foods, The JM Smucker Company, Hill's Pet Nutrition, PetGuard, Colgate-Palmolive, WellPet L.L.C., Blue Buffalo Company, Del Monte Foods, Mars Petcare Inc., Nestle, Proctor & Gamble Co.