A growth in recognition of the need of including edible nuts in an adult's balanced diet has been witnessed. The World Health Organization has advised that edible nuts be included in an adult's diet plan, raising public awareness of the relevance of functional foods in one's diet. They are consumed all over the world, and their inclusion of macro and micro nutrients has piqued the interest of consumers and the food business. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic has considerably increased demand for edible nuts, owing to people's increasing adoption of healthy lifestyles in order to preserve a healthy immune system.Edible nuts have a long shelf life and may be stored and kept for a long period. The edible nuts market is in high demand due to its high nutritional content and innovations in harvesting, processing, and storage. They have a variety of health benefits and are used in a variety of dishes in different households. Edible nuts are consumed by both the wealthy and the middle class around the world due to their great nutritional content and health advantages.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- During the forecast period, Australia is expected to continue to be one of the most profitable markets for Oceania edible nuts. In 2021, it has an 83.5 percent market share in Oceania edible nuts. The increased awareness of a healthy lifestyle is a major factor driving the edible nuts market forward.
- Select Harvests Limited saw an increase in productivity momentum in 2020 as a result of the COVID outbreak, as production of edible nuts increased compared to 2019, owing to a rise in health-conscious consumers.
- Due to lockdowns, travel bans, and commercial shutdowns, the COVID-19 has had a negative impact on economies and industries like as the food and beverage industry in a number of countries.
- Exports have fallen as a result of the prolonged global slump, which has been exacerbated by the pandemic. The latter resulted in widespread supply chain and demand disruptions, resulting in order cancellations.
- When China reopened its economy, global exports first recovered across the board. However, forecasts for recovery in 2021 are dubious, with outcomes primarily dependent on the length of the outbreak and the efficiency of governmental interventions.
Top Impacting Factors
- The rise in demand for plant-based foods and drinks is a key factor driving the Edible Nut market. They are commonly employed as part of a dietary plan by many health enthusiasts nowadays. Edible nuts aid in the prevention of a variety of lifestyle disorders as well as the reduction of blood cholesterol levels. It also aids in the reduction of coronary heart disease, which is another important factor that drives the growth of the edible nuts market.
- When ingested in the recommended amounts, edible nuts can assist to retain the advantages, but excessive consumption can cause other health issues such as abdominal pain, discomfort, and diarrhea.
- Some edible nuts are heavy in calories and fats, which can be harmful to one's health if ingested in excess. These could be some of the biggest roadblocks to the Edible Nuts market's expansion.
- Food producers are capitalizing on people's growing awareness of the need of having edible nuts in their diets by producing edible nuts in the shape of a variety of energy bars. The bakery and confectionary industries also employ edible nuts in their goods. These are a few potential growth possibilities for the edible nuts market in the future.
Increased Veganism among People
2019 has been termed a vegan year in response to the rapid growth of the vegan food sector, which came as a result of increased knowledge of and demand for vegan products. Traditional meat eaters are now transitioning to flexitarian lifestyles, with the goal of reducing meat or animal-based product consumption as much as possible and replacing it with edible nuts to boost the nutritional value of the dish, as it contains the right amount of fiber, proteins, vitamins, and other essential nutrients while consuming fewer calories. As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, this trend has escalated in recent months.
Awareness about sustainable agriculture, eco- friendly companies
The emphasis on sustainable agriculture is greater than it has ever been. As a result of a greater focus on sustainability, a growing number of firms are employing cutting-edge procedures and practices that reduce environmental damage. These include technologies that will assist them in efficiently managing water and reducing waste generation. The International Nut & Dried Fruit Council keeps track on regional development in order to ensure the global edible nuts market's long-term viability. Many manufacturers, such as Blue Diamond Growers, are collaborating with these organizations & programs and engaging in the above-mentioned sustainable activities. The market is likely to benefit from these changes.
Extended Storage Life is Promoting Bulk Buying
A mixture of different varieties of edible nuts may be easily stored on the shelf for around 6 months, and when edible nuts are refrigerated, this shelf-life can be extended to a year. This encourages people to buy edible nuts in bulk, which may be a terrific addition to the pantry as they don't require special storage and can be used in a variety of ways, such as whole nuts for snacking or as an ingredient in a range of cuisines. In the foodservice industry, edible nuts are used as a taste enhancer or to boost the nutritional content of a dish. The hotel, restaurant, and café (HoReCa) industry has become increasingly conscious of consumer behavior patterns. Their proclivity for healthy eating has prompted the industry to use edible nuts as a prominent ingredient in healthy salads and other dishes. Manufacturers, on the other hand, are having difficulty producing high-quality edible nuts in large quantities. The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is actively raising the bar of quality standards to fulfil the safety demand from customers in order to address safety challenges generated by diseases such as e-coli, aflatoxin, and salmonella. The seriousness of the problem may be seen in the rising number of edible nut batches being rejected in Europe for failing to meet GFSI quality criteria. However, such trends may represent a threat to the mark
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the edible nuts industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the edible nuts market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the edible nuts market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed edible nuts market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Edible Nuts Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the edible nuts market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "edible nuts market" prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "edible nuts market"?
Edible Nuts Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End Use
Key Market Players
Archer Daniels Midland Co,, Diamond Foods,, Waterford Nut Co,, KP Nuts,, Select Harvests Ltd, Blue Diamond Growers,, Olam International,, Mariani Nut Co,, Acomo,, John B Sanfilippo & Son,