Energy recovery ventilation (ERV) is the energy recovery process of exchanging energy where the ventilation unit is enclosed, generally in exhausted building/space air and utilizing it to treat or precondition the entering outdoor ventilation air in commercial and residential HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) systems. ERV is installed in places where high concentrations of people are present and where there is a need for sufficient fresh air. It helps in lowering the utility expenses and recover energy in the building. ERV allows fresh air into the building, lowers the CO2 levels, and keeps the residents healthy and alert. It also assists in controlling odors, where the stale air is exhausted out and fresh air is permitted inside the building. It equalizes the pressure by allowing fresh air into the building and the conditioned air is exhausted out. ERV maintains cool energy in the summer and warm energy in the winter. It reduces the total HVAC equipment capacity and improves indoor air quality. Energy recovery ventilator offers benefits such as meeting the energy standards and American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) ventilation. However, the high prices of units is the major hindrance for the market.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Type, Application, and Region
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Daikin, Panasonic Corporation, LG Electronics, Johnson Controls, Munters, FUJITSU GENERAL, Carrier Corporation, Nortek Air Solutions, and Greenheck Fan Corporation
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The unfavorable global effects of COVID-19 are already evident, and they had a big impact on the energy recovery ventilator market in 2020.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread in over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths globally. Exports & imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The restriction of imports and exports has affected the energy recovery ventilator to a great extent as consumers’ consumption and demand patterns are changing amidst pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The call for electricity healing ventilator has persisted to extend extensively for the duration of the years. Rising urbanization is partly liable for maintaining the developing call for electricity healing ventilator. Implementation and system of diverse authorities rules concerning the usage of electricity healing ventilators to grant the prevailing homes and, incorporation of inexperienced homes main to a growing funding in production zone are a few factors, which might be expected to force the call for electricity healing ventilator for the duration of the forecast period. LEED certification with the aid of using developers has additionally envisaged using strength ventilators in business and home constructing establishments. The call for strength healing ventilator is at once connected with the financial improvement of economies and fast industrialization. Advancements in technologies, including upgrades in warmth healing technology, are colorful elements predicted to force the worldwide strength healing ventilator market. The numerous stop customers of electricity restoration ventilators are industrial, residential, commercial, etc. As those stop-customers are trying to find electricity saving answers at within your budget prices, the electricity restoration ventilators grow to be a dynamic a part of their stop-use industries. The electricity restoration ventilator enterprise is predicted to be extraordinarily aggressive and is subjected to stand commercial enterprise dangers as a result of elements inclusive of geographic presence, the era used, the product’s performance, the rate of the goods and the consumer service. However, developing preservation and restore sports withinside the residential area is one of the elements growing possibilities for electricity restoration ventilator.
- Increase in Construction of Green Buildings to Accelerate Market Growth
- The rise in trends towards the construction of green buildings aid the market growth. This is owing to the rise in awareness of occupants for health, stringent government norms, standards for energy consumption, and the rise in hazardous emissions. The building owners are now tending towards constructing green buildings to gain more from the total income arising from property. Owing to this, the market for energy ventilators is anticipated to grow significantly in the coming years with the rise in deployment of ventilators across multiple projects. Furthermore, key suppliers align their products in line with green building certifications. Therefore, the surge in construction activities across the globe for green buildings are forecasted to drive the energy recovery ventilators market.
- Rise in Awareness for Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is Expected to Fuel Demand
- The quality of air is an important concern getting acknowledged nowadays. The deficient Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) creates an adverse impact on the health, cognitive function, productivity, and well-being of indoor occupants. The rise in demand for energy recovery ventilator is anticipated to drive the market owing to its capability to continuously replace stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air, ability to remove pollutants including excess moisture and molds, household chemicals and bacteria present in indoor environment, optimize energy efficiency, minimize carbon footprint, and others.
- Ceiling-Mount Type Anticipated to Grow Significantly in Market
- Ceiling-mount energy recovery ventilator is estimated to hold a vital part of the market share, exhibiting the highest growth rate. Ceiling-mount ERV has exponential demand in the market as the existing wiring and ducting over the walls ultimately minimizes the installation cost and the invasiveness. This type of ERV has a higher demand in the commercial and residential place as it reduces the consumption of central spaces, thus offers larger workspace with healthy indoor air quality.
Key Benefits of Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Energy Recovery Ventilator industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the energy recovery ventilator share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the energy recovery ventilator growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed energy recovery ventilator analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Energy Recovery Ventilator Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the energy recovery ventilator market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Energy Recovery Ventilator Market Report Highlights