Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a type of yeast that is used to make selenium yeast. In the market, this selenium yeast is known as baker's yeast. When yeast is cultured in a selenium-enriched medium, it absorbs the selenium and converts it to naturally occurring selenium in food. This selenium yeast is then utilized to manufacture supplements and foods that are fortified with selenium. Selenium provides numerous health benefits since it aids in the production of glutathione peroxidases and thyroid hormones, making it a vital nutritional component. Consumption of selenium yeast can aid to manufacture these vital compounds when there is a selenium deficiency.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The recent COVID-19 outbreak started in Wuhan (China) in December 2019 and has rapidly spread around the world since then.
- Due to lockdowns, travel bans, and company closures, the COVID-19 has impacted economies and businesses in a number of countries.
- As a result of the outbreak, the global food and beverage industry is one of the major businesses experiencing substantial disruptions such as supply chain disruptions, technology event cancellations, and office closures.
- With the presence of and the largest raw material suppliers, China is the global industrial powerhouse.
- Due to factory closures, supply chain obstacles, and the global economic slump, the general market breakdown caused by COVID-19 is also harming the expansion of the selenium yeast market.
Top Impacting Factors
During the forecast period, the worldwide selenium yeast market is expected to rise significantly due to increased application in the food industry and other industrial sectors.
During the forecast period, the global selenium yeast market is expected to rise due to rising demand for bread items, increased alcohol and beverage consumption, and increased demand for high-quality animal feed.
The expanding acceptance of bio-ethanol in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, as well as an alternative fuel, is expected to drive the selenium yeast market forward.
Convenience foods and ready-to-eat food products are expected to see an increase in demand due to change in consumer lifestyles.
- Increased Usage in the Animal Feed Sector
- The use of organic additions in feed formulations, as a result of rising awareness of the dangerous effects of synthetic additives, would increase the market share of selenium yeast in the animal feed sector. Stricter laws in certain economies, including as Europe and the U.S., are credited with driving market expansion by limiting antibiotic feed manufacturing and allowing the use of natural additives. Due to adequate consumption of selenium yeast promotes joint health, enhances immune resistance, and aids in cancer prevention, the market forecast should be bright. This organic yeast shortage raises the risk of nutritional muscular dystrophy.
- Larger Antioxidant Availability of Selenium in Selenium Yeast
- The antioxidant capacity of selenium is responsible for the diverse functions of selenium in ruminants. The antioxidant activity of selenium yeast is higher than inorganic selenium, and it can have the same effects on ruminants as inorganic selenium. Ruminants' immunological enhancement, heat stress tolerance, reproductive function, and meat quality can all be improved by adding 0.3ppm organic selenium to their diet. Selenium emissions from the environment can also be reduced due to the high bioavailability of selenium in yeast.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the enriched selenium yeasts industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the enriched selenium yeasts market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the enriched selenium yeasts market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed enriched selenium yeasts market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Enriched Selenium Yeasts Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the enriched selenium yeasts market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "enriched selenium yeasts market" prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "enriched selenium yeasts market”?
Enriched Selenium Yeasts Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Lesaffre, Novus, Pharma Nord, Probiotech, Selko, Garuda, ADM, ABF, Lallemand, Alltech