Obesity has become more common, and people have become more aware of the benefits of using healthy, low-calorie sugar replacements, which should raise global demand. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol made from starch that has been hydrolyzed by enzymes to produce glucose. It comes in a variety of powder and granular formulations, making it suitable for use in a variety of industries including food and beverage, medicines, and confectionery. Market demand is expected to be stimulated by rising demand for natural and high-quality ingredients in cosmetic preparations, owing to increased knowledge of dermatological aspects of healthcare. Due to its moisture retention and regeneration capabilities, erythritol is frequently used in the cosmetics industry. In addition, the business is expected to develop due to the rapid acceptance of manufacturing anti-aging serums and night creams due to their effective performance against wrinkles and poor cleaning properties.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Companies are reporting significant increases in expenditures as a result of the pandemic, owing to heightened workplace safety measures, employee coronavirus testing, and higher absence due to illnesses, quarantine, and childcare.
- Confectionery manufacturers are additionally affected by growing agricultural raw material and packaging material costs, on top of dealing with these challenges. Furthermore, businesses face not just rising expenses, but also major supply issues with packaging materials.
- Exports have fallen as a result of the prolonged global slump, which has been exacerbated by the current Covid-19 problem. The latter resulted in widespread supply chain and demand disruptions, resulting in order cancellations.
- Key sales channels like as department stores and supermarkets were closed owing to lockdown restrictions, corporations reported a drop in revenues at the start of the year.
Top Impacting Factors
Consumers in emerging countries have become more health-conscious, and their lifestyles are changing, giving the market a boost.
Stevia, on the other hand, is expected to pose a serious threat to the market.
While there are no major limitations on the global erythritol market, manufacturers must adhere to the permissible limit of erythritol use in products, since excessive erythritol consumption can have negative effects on the gastrointestinal system.
In North America, Japan, and Western Europe, erythritol is commonly utilized. The market also sees promising potential in Asia-Pacific emerging economies (excluding Japan) and Latin America.
The market also sees promising potential in Asia-Pacific emerging economies (excluding Japan) and Latin America.
In the near future, the Asia-Pacific market for erythritol is predicted to develop at the fastest rate.
Growth in demand for energy drinks and diet beverages, surge in number of Erythritol food product approvals, demand for low glycemic index-based sweeteners, and increased product investments by leading market competitors are expected to drive industry growth in the future years.
- Health Consciousness among Consumers
- The rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and diabetes, as well as changing attitudes toward general wellness and fitness trends, are all expected to boost market demand. Erythritol is commonly used in the production of low-glycemic index and low-calorie sweeteners that help to enhance metabolic rate without triggering vitals like insulin and cholesterol. As it is 60-70 percent sweeter than table sugar and almost non-caloric, the market is gaining traction. Erythritol has a zero glycemic index and does not induce tooth decay. It is absorbed in the small intestine and subsequently eliminated unchanged in the urine for the most part. Demand is expected to rise as the prevalence of diabetes rises and people become more aware of the possible benefits of erythritol. It has various advantages, including insulin management and easy digestion, making it perfect for those with diabetes.
- To obtain a competitive advantage in the market, industry players are attempting to develop a new line of healthy sweetener powders by extracting erythritol from exotic fruits. In addition, rising demand for customized solutions in the food and beverage industry to give healthier options is expected to drive market growth.
- Rise in Demand for Table Sugar Alternative with Health Benefits
- The key force propelling the erythritol powder market is increased consumer awareness of the potential adverse effects of table sugar combined with rising disposable income. It is also utilized to make sweeteners as it is compatible with other natural components and has a low calorie count per serving, which could help drive global industry trends. In recent years, there has been a growing consumer tendency toward emphasizing the value of organic food and beverages in their diets, which has aided the expansion of artificial sugar and sweetening products in the urban market. Demand for healthier sweetening goods such as Erythritol, both powdered and granular, is increasing, resulting in increased consumption of low-sugar energy drinks and health drinks. Increased demand for low-calorie beverage solutions and rapid penetration of sports and energy drinks in the Asia-Pacific market are expected to enhance market demand. Due to its fast solubility, low residual nature, and sugar-like taste without a high calorie intake, erythritol is frequently employed in the production of high-performance & low-calorie beverages, which is expected to improve the erythritol market outlook.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the erythritol industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the erythritol market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the erythritol market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed erythritol market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Erythritol Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the erythritol market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "erythritol market" prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "erythritol market" Market?
Erythritol Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Shandong Sanyuan Biotechnology, Futaste, JUNGBUNZLAUER SUISSE AG, Foodchem International Corporation, Cerestar Holding B.V, Cargill, Tate & Lyle, ZhuchengDongxiao Biotechnology, Nikken-Chemical, Baolingbao Biology, Unterhofer& Partner KG/ZeroCal,