Ethnic food is traditionally prepared without any adulterants, colors, or flavors. Ethnic foods are used to classify foods based on different country cultures and local presence of food. It provides customers with the satisfaction of eating specific food from their own country while living in another country. These cuisines are demanded and preferred by majority of the global population, thus increasing the market base. In different countries, consumers have adequate knowledge about food and its benefits, and they are encouraged to have high nutritional food along with desired taste and texture. Owing to the development and innovation of taste among people, restaurant chains serving ethnic foods are increasingly diversifying their foodservice facility by preparing different types of ethnic cuisine.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has significantly decreased the demand for ethnic food, due to the closure of all the restaurants.
- Increase in demand for ready-to-eat food products by consumers has a positive impact on the growth of the ethnic food market.
- In many countries, the industries are shut down, thus, the production of ethnic food products has declined drastically, due to the restriction imposed of labor movement and unavailability of raw materials.
- The supply chain of the ethnic food market has disrupted due to the trade barriers.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The use of wood pulp in the manufacturing of furniture and the production of soft pieces used in the residential sector has given impetus to the growth of the market.
The rising global demand for tissue paper, which is mainly used in kitchens, toilets, and households, is expected to drive the market growth of the wood Pulp market over the forecast period.
Strict environmental regulations regarding plantation of trees at a global level, however, could affect the growth of the market for wood pulp in the coming years. Shortly, the growth of the wood pulp market could also be limited in terms of deforestation and increasing energy and transportation costs.
The global market trends are as follows:
- Many leading fast-food chains serve items containing pulp made from wood. In shredded cheese, fish fillet patties, sausages, tortillas, onion rings, pancakes, and even milkshakes wood pulp additives are often present. Cellulose adds texture, thickens and stabilizes food with complementary chemicals-and is safe for human consumption. Without this, the ice cream would melt more quickly.
- Some bath towels are made from a wood pulp by-product known as rayon. Rayon is highly absorbent, soft, and comfortable on the skin but does not insulate heat from the body – ideal for use in hot and humid climates. Wet wipes are also frequently made with rayon, as it allows each sheet to hold liquid disinfectant while maintaining its texture and form.
- The increasing demand for wood pulp-based packaging is estimated to create significant pressure for supply chains in the pulp industry. Furthermore, the growing backlash against plastic consumption has brought wood pulp-based packaging into the spotlight where products such as paper and paperboard have a major stake in the global market for pulp.
Canada is the world's largest producer of wood pulp due to the presence of coniferous forests which provide the paper industry with raw material. Due to rising production costs and increased competition from pulp and paper producers, few Canadian paper mills faced challenges, resulting in conversions and ending of pulp and paper mills.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of theethnic food industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of theethnic food market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the globalEthnic food growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailedmarket analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global ethnic food market research report
- Which are the leading players active in theglobal ethnic food market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ethnic Food Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Santa Maria UK Ltd., TRS Ltd., Aryzta AG, Tasty Bites, MTR Foods, Asli Fine Foods, Ajinomoto Foods, Wanis International Food, Associated British Foods PLC, Natco Foods